To assist the Secretary General of the Commission to provide adequate support to the activities and meetings of the PRC and to serve as a Secretariat to the PRC and other Organs as well to ensure follow up on the implementation of their Recommendations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the Secretary General of the Commission
- Assist in developing policies, strategies and programmes that contribute to the implementation of the mandate of the Office of the Secretary General of the Commission consistent with AUC vision and mandates;
- Provide support for the implementation of policies, strategies and programmes in terms of advocacy, coordination and guidance that contribute to effective implementation of AU decisions;
- Assist in representing the Office of the Secretary General of the Commission in AU meetings;
- Plan and coordinate the administrative and logistical support for the preparation, conduct and follow up of the meetings and other activities of the PRC and other decision-making organs of the AU;
- Prepare statements, reports/conclusions and other relevant tasks as required for consideration and vetting by the Secretary General;
- Manage documents, information, knowledge and records within the Office of the Secretary General; devise innovative and technologically adapted systems to ensure proper documentation and records management;
- Advise, plan and coordinate activities related to the continuous digitization and modernization of the management and custody of documents, information, knowledge and records in the Office of the Secretary General;
- Assist in ensuring good working relations between the PRC and the Commission;
- Assist in coordinating the implementation of the coordination mandate of the office of the Secretary General;
- Provide advice and support in matters relating to the management of the Office of the Secretary General of the Commission;
- Perform any other relevant duties within the Office of the Secretary General of the Commission, as may be assigned.
A Master’s Degree in Social Sciences with At least twelve (12) years of relevant work experience, out of which seven years must be at 7 years of experience at a specialist/expertise level. Strong experience in the fields of communication and drafting is required. Working experience in International Organization will be an asset.
A University Bachelor Degree in Social Sciences with fifteen (15) years of relevant work experience, out of which five (5) years must be at managerial level. Strong experience in the fields of communication and drafting is required. Working experience in International Organization will be an asset.
The African Union working languages are Arabic, English, French and Portuguese. Fluency of one of these languages is a requirement, while for this position, highest preference will be given to bilingual candidates fluent in English and French (both oral and written). Knowledge of Arabic or Portuguese will be an added advantage.
OTHER RELEVANT SKILLS
- Excellent Drafting and Reporting Skills;
- Excellent Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Skills;
- Ability to guide, develop, lead and supervise a combined team of professional and support staff;
- Excellent capacity in building relationships and ability to communicate with impact;
- Ability to demonstrate very good conceptual thinking, analytical skills and with ability to share information and knowledge;
- Excellent strategic perspective, drive for results and foster innovation;
- Ability to manage risk and change;
- Computer literacy;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; teamwork and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment;
- Good communication and negotiating skills;
- Capacity to perform multiple tasks and work under pressure.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org