The Communications Coordinator is responsible for the development, production and delivery of Cooperative Development Foundation’s (CDF) internal and external communications. This includes editorial support for content and graphic design for the CDF and Heroes websites, social media platforms, and printed materials. The Communications Coordinator will also assist with, and have presence during, CDF events. S/he must be innovative, proactive, collaborative and efficient.
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
· Serves as a communications lead for CDF’s development portfolio to educate and inform the cooperative community, donors and the general public regarding various program achievements and activities.
· Manages all aspects of the CDF website, including graphic design, material and content, and functionality.
· Creates implementation strategy for all social media outlets including conceptualizing, developing, story planning, posting, and executing campaigns and reporting.
· Develops and executes the annual communications plan.
· Creates content for press releases, constant contact emails, and social media posts.
· Provides copyediting and proofreading for publications intended for broad distribution.
· Works with the Fundraising and Funds Manager and Executive Director to develop communication strategies and make appropriate recommendations regarding timelines and collateral needed.
· Ensures consistency of style across printed and electronic communications.
· Bachelor’s degree required and 1-3 years of relevant experience in Communications or a related field.
· Demonstrated attention to detail.
· Excellent writing, editing, proofreading skills are essential.
· Must possess strong oral presentation and communications skills.
· Ability to develop and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
· Must be capable of working independently.
· Must use independent judgment and discretion to determine or recommend best course of action.
· Works cooperatively with team members.
· Willing to respond to the demands of a fast-paced office environment.
· Proficient in word processing and other computer programs. (MS Office Suite).
· Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign preferred. (Premier and Lightroom a plus)
· Proficiency in video editing, photography and graphic design is a plus.
· Knowledge of, or experience with, cooperatives is preferred.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org