The Enterprise Data, Tools & Reporting team supports colleagues across departments by ensuring access to reliable data on IRC’s supporters and providing standard tools and visualizations of data to power business insights and decision making.
A key member of the Enterprise Data, Tools & Reporting team, the Business Analyst provides support in the development of an enterprise suite of reports and dashboards that empower colleagues in IRC’s external relations functions with high quality accurate data.
The Business Analyst is accountable for working with colleagues and senior leaders across departments in gathering and prioritizing requirements, support creation of wireframes and design documentation, development of reports and dashboards, managing the JIRA board, performing testing and delivering hypercare support to business users. S/he is also responsible for creating and maintaining SQL queries, reports, and dashboards to ensure proper tracking of IRC key performance indicators and progress.
S/he is a dynamic and self-motivated individual curious about data-driven decision-making processes and motivated to help drive necessary business change and help deliver on the IRC’s key strategic goal of Data Based Decision Making.
- Support a best-in-class tools and reporting function – work with colleagues and senior leaders across IRC to help them answer questions and discover insights about their work through reporting of data.
- Write advanced SQL scripts to perform complex queries, analyze data and support reports and dashboards.
- Create dynamic SQL functions, views, stored procedures, database triggers and scheduled jobs to support a wide range of data processes.
- Perform related SQL database maintenance and hygiene tasks.
- Identify and resolve various issues related to data quality, query optimization and database performance
- Design data tables and analyze and integrate information from various sources.Support integration between PowerBI and SQL Server database tables and views, and support PowerBI development with DAX measures and programming.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Develop a strong understanding of the IRC revenue, finance, marketing, HR and other data sets.
- Work with business teams to understand their business processes and reporting needs. Help extract requirements and prioritize them in accordance to business need.
- Create design documentation such as wireframes and data mapping documents leveraging knowledge of business KPIs and requirements, enterprise data definitions and underlying data base schemas. Facilitate design sessions with development team and business users.
- Establish and deliver impactful standardized dashboards and reports, focused on real-time performance monitoring and actionable insights using PowerBI.
- Maintain JIRA board by creating user stories and working closely with the development teams throughout the process.Perform QA activities such as writing and executing test cases to ensure reports and dashboards supply accurate data.
- Provide hypercare support to business users after project implementation.
- Keep track of enhancements and features needed to keep reports and dashboards up to date.
- Maintain design documentation across project and maintenance activities.
- Maintain IRC data definitions and help standardize across departments.
- Be responsive to queries from leadership and respond to data needs by querying and analyzing data sets.
- Prepare meeting agendas, minutes and presentations as needed.
- Perform data analysis and develop comparative studies as needed.
- Support internal planning initiatives and maintain product roadmaps.
- Facilitate coordination for projects with external vendors.
- Participate in execution of change management processes such as helping train and answer queries from business users.
- Work with key enterprise data architecture staff and analysts across departments to foster a dynamic, data-driven and solutions-focused culture and approach to work.
- Identify potential new 3rd party enrichment data to integrate into data warehouse. Manage bulk loads, batch file uploads, and other ETL processes.
- Identify and define new process improvement opportunities. Help document and maintain system documentation.
- Identify opportunities and develop and execute plans to improve quality assurance across data systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Mathematics, Economics, or Statistics, or related experience; Master’s Degree preferred
- 3+ years professional experience in developing high quality reports and dashboardsfor a complex, large not-for-profit organization and/or equivalent experience in private sector marketing and sales using PowerBI, Tableau or similar tools
- 3+ years working with large SQL Server or Oracle databases and complex data sets, performing querying, analysis and reporting of data
- 2+ years’ experience working with business teams to gather business requirements and create design documentation such as use cases, data mapping documents and dashboard specifications
- 2+ years’ experience with agile development frameworks
- 2+ years’ experience working with PowerBI, including data and dashboard design and DAX language
- Proven track record in leveraging leading-edge digital tools, providing advanced analytical reports, and proactively working to help promote data-driven strategic insights
- Non-profit and international humanitarian aid experience a plus
- Experience and knowledge of global markets a plus
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent technical skills, including strong experience with SQL, complex relational databases, BI tools (PowerBI specifically but also Tableau or other tools in addition), and data visualization.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong understanding of cutting-edge CRM systems (preferably Salesforce) especially related to reporting capabilities
- Proficiency with JIRA agile software
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills, with an ability to devise creative solutions to complex problems and issues
- Demonstrated ability to maintain positive, collaborative, productive relationships with diverse key stakeholders across the organization
- Demonstrated ability to work with business users through requirements gathering and design activities
- Demonstrated ability to perform change management and/or user support tasks
- Demonstrated ability to create high quality specifications and project deliverables
- Strong communications skills with the ability to listen and converse effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues on reporting analysis and insights
- Sound judgment in maintaining confidentiality of donor and key internal business information
- Passion for and commitment to the IRC’s mission
- Standard office work environment
- Ability to travel as required
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org