Graduate School USA is a recognized leader in professional development and training, empowering adult learners with the tools they need to achieve their personal and professional career goals with a rich history that spans almost a century. We offer a range of programs and services designed to serve the needs of organizations and individuals in both government and the private sector.
Graduate School USA is currently seeking a Program Specialist to work with our International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP). The IVLP Program Specialist (PS) manages and delivers the logistical and budgeting details of short-term professional exchange visits for 70-120 participants yearly from all around the world. The PS interacts with Program Officers and Coordinators from the U.S. State Department, international visitors and program liaisons, community-based member organizations, lodging and transportation vendors, and other GSUSA employees - in meeting the logistical and grant management requirements of assigned IVLP projects.
The International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP) is the U.S. Department of State’s (DOS) premier professional exchange program. Through short-term visits to the United States, current and emerging foreign leaders in a variety of fields experience our country firsthand and cultivate lasting relationships with their American counterparts. Professional meetings reflect the participants’ professional interests and support the foreign policy goals of the United States.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and oversee all aspects of draft and final program budgets including ensuring the timely submission of program closing requirements to the U.S. State Department Program Officer.
- Lead the creation of the IVLP program book on assigned projects and finalize details of professional appointments.
- Coordinate alongside with the Graduate School USA Program Officer and the U.S. State Department Program Manager, the planning and implementation of visitor itineraries and organizing the program opening sessions.
- Represent the GSUSA IVLP team before internal and external stakeholders including other organizational units, U.S. State Department, Community Based Members, DOS Interpreters, etc.
- Lead initiatives to support program management internal controls and SOP needs.
- Other duties related to international programs management and administration as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have general knowledge of and interest in international affairs and public diplomacy, demonstrated experience with successful logistical management of professional exchange programs, and the ability to communicate effectively with various program stakeholders as well as professionals from all around the world. Must have an understanding of programmatic budgets and the ability to work in a team setting as well as independently.
- Knowledge of foreign affairs and international exchange, preferably the IVLP
- High degree of organization, time management, collaboration, and professionalism
- Experience with U.S. State Department professional exchange programs administration
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication including the ability to communicate in a cross-cultural setting
- Proven understanding of the peculiarities of professional exchange programs where issues have to be resolved on occasion outside of official work hours
- Poise, flexibility, discretion, and mature judgment to respond professionally in a fast-paced and sometimes high-pressure environment
- Work with a high degree of independence; confer with supervisor on complex issues
- Ability to prioritize effectively and serve competing demands in order to meet set deadlines
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and database management
- Foreign language proficiency is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- 6 months+ of full-time foreign affairs or international exchange administrative experience
- 1+ years of general logistics and/or office administration experience
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org