Reporting to the Country Representative, the Monitoring Evaluation & Learning (MEL) Manager will develop and implement an overall M&E strategy and oversee the implementation of the M&E systems, evaluation, and document learnings. She/he will provide technical support to an EngenderHealth and MOH Burkina Faso led project that aims to increase access to sexual and reproductive health services including comprehensive abortion care and family planning in rural, urban, and peri-urban areas by working with the public sector and NGOs. The MEL Manager will be responsible for ensuring that lessons learned are integrated into project implementation to continuously improve quality of interventions and outcomes. She/he will also be responsible for ensuring the timeliness and quality of the routine reporting of country level data into the organizational DHIS2 database.
- Assist the project in the developing and review of Performance Monitoring Plans (PMP) and M&E frameworks, to capture project performance and results;
- Ensure accurate, high quality data are routinely collected and entered into the Project Monitoring Information System to track project specific indicators;
- Ensure accurate, high quality data are routinely collected and entered into Engenderhealth organizational DHIS2 database to track strategic plan indicators;
- Support strategic collaboration activities with MoH and key stakeholders to learn from evidence generated by the project, and adapt interventions as appropriate;
- Support monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports, with a focus on M&E sections;
- Develop dissemination plans that capture lessons learned and best practices, and determine dissemination opportunities in country;
- Provide M&E summaries for the project, including presentation of updates to the donor and other key stakeholders;
- Design, implement and disseminate qualitative and quantitative research studies. Adhere to ensuring national and western IRB approval as needed;
- Collaborate and communicate on a regular basis with the regional MEL advisor, address feedback and comments as provided by the advisor;
- Ensure that all MEL activities consider a gender and youth sensitive dimension;
- Any other tasks assigned from time to time.
- Advanced postgraduate degree in public health, demography, statistics, epidemiology, biostatistics, social science or related field;
- Five years of work experience in monitoring and evaluating international health, with strong preference for candidates with deep understanding of sexual and reproductive health/family planning;
- Experience in the development of quantitative and qualitative protocols, analysis, report writing and dissemination of data;
- Experience in Monitoring of PMP/M&E strategies and plans, updating and revising these as necessary;
- Experience in Conducting Data Quality Assessments;
- Expertise to process and analyze data using one or more statistical software packages, including at least one of the following: SPSS, Stata or/and SAS;
- Experience in analyzing qualitative data;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word).
ESSENTIAL SOFT SKILLS:
- Must be a team player;
- Experience managing and growing the capacity of a team;
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking, and organizational, team-building.
PREFERRED SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND FUNCTIONS:
- Excellent communication and writing skills;
- Bilingual French and good proficiency in English - documentation (Final M&E plans, research protocols, donor reports etc. are all submitted in English);
- Good knowledge of Burkina Faso's health system is an asset;
- Proficiency in database experience.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org