This position can be a Sr. Analyst Global Trade Licensing or Sr. Export License & Compliance Advisor based upon the applicant’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements of the position.
This export / import position provides support to company personnel on the application of U.S. Government export/import regulations including, the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and U.S. Customs and Border Protection Regulations. The position requires interface with various internal functions and U.S. Government agencies in obtaining the necessary U.S. Government export / import licenses, agreements, permits, certifications, technology release authorizations, and commodity jurisdiction determinations.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date
- Responsible for generating, maintaining and monitoring U.S. Government export/import licenses, agreements, permits, certifications, technology release authorizations, commodity jurisdiction determinations
- Responsible for review and approval of requests for the export and/or import of controlled goods and information
- Represent Export / Import Operations in meetings and discussions with internal customers and U.S. Government personnel
- Assist in implementation of company procedures and instructions to support compliance with U.S. Government export/import regulations and company policy
- Prepare reports and presentations
- Track, status, and provide reports and metrics associated with export / import activities
- Manage and maintain export / import files and records in accordance with U.S. Government export/import regulations and company policies
- Identify training needs, and provide training pertaining to export / import requirements
- Support export/import compliance activities (e.g. self-assessments, internal and external audits)
- Participates in business and corporate projects as required
- May require some domestic travel.
- Ability to analyze analytical, interpret and implement regulations
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management; and can develop effective networks with customers
- Ability to prioritize among complex and conflicting requirements through time management and strong organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to travel as necessary
Required Skills & Education:
- 4+ years of export / import related experience and application of regulations (ITAR, EAR, Customs)
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, international relations, political science, history, or similar field (Master’s degree may be considered in lieu of 2 yrs of experience, PhD in lieu of 4 yrs of experience)
- Experience with contracts or writing legal document such a license applications or contract terms
- Experience in working with multi-functional teams for compliance initiatives with an ability to drive issues to conclusions
- Ability to obtain DoD Secret Security Clearance
- 6+ years of experience in the application of regulations (ITAR, EAR, Customs) in a high volume environments.
- Experience with Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) licenses and permits
- Current DoD Secret Security Clearance
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org