Kellen is the leading professional services firm dedicated to creating, managing and advising EU and global trade associations and interest groups.
Kellen is currently looking for a Scientific and Regulatory Affairs Professional.
The Senior Scientific and Regulatory Affairs professional will join client association teams operating in the biotechnology sector, and more specifically the position of Regulatory Affairs Manager in EFFCA, the European Food and Feed Culture Association, focusing on microbial cultures (http://www.effca.org/). Depending on experience and background, the professional could fulfil the role of Secretary General of EFFCA. The position is based in our Brussels office.
The main roles will be to:
- Proactively manage the client associations’ activities in the areas of food legislation and food regulatory issues, thereby contributing to a comprehensible and favorable regulatory environment;
- Contribute to position the associations as the authoritative voice on their respective fields and represent the interest of the members towards all stakeholders on international and European level;
- Independently develop, propose and lead the implementation of strategies of the associations in close cooperation with the association leadership and the staff team;
- Support the development of the association’s communication strategy and positions for the promotion of the interest of the industry and the submission of relevant dossiers to regulatory bodies.
This position would also entail:
- Representing the association and building and maintaining high level relationships with key stakeholders, in particular EU Institutions, agencies and relevant associations;
- Providing pro-active strategic support to the association’s leadership and members, by preparing, leading and managing the Board and the Working Groups meetings/calls and by following up on the actions arising;
- Identifying the best strategies to implement public affairs and regulatory programs, to advocate positions and to manage the associations’ communication and media activities, in close collaboration with the working groups’ Chairs and the members;
- Coordinate the monitoring and analyzing of relevant EU and national regulatory policies and lead the development of positions on technical issues;
- Collection and submission of relevant data and information for the implementation of the activities of the association;
- Coordinating the work of the association staff team.
- Scientific background acquired either through scientific studies such as science, biology, bio-engineering and equivalent or through work experience in a corporate or trade association environment;
- 5 to 8 years’ experience in scientific and regulatory affairs in the food sector at EU or international level;
- An understanding of legislations related to microbial cultures and food additives in general is a plus;
- Knowledge of the EU Institutions and established network of contacts in EU institutions is a plus;
- Proactive and efficient professional, able to work independently, with a high level of commitment and a certain degree of flexibility, with strong diplomatic skills;
- Self-starter and strong team player, quality and result oriented and willing to work in an international environment;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to translate scientific and technical information in simple messages to decision makers;
- Outstanding analytical/research skills and proven accuracy/Very good writing and presentational skills;
- Computer literate (MS office, web-based tools);
- Excellent written and spoken English and proficient knowledge of at least 1 other language.
- An attractive base salary and remuneration package commensurate with experience;
- An international working environment with a leading firm;
- Opportunity for career growth;
- Continuous training and professional development.
Please send your CV and cover letter by 25 March 2020 by e-mail to: Bénédicte Lambert (ref: vacancy Scientific and Regulatory Affairs – March 2020): [email protected]. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. For more information on Kellen www.kellencompany.com/brussels.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org