Concern Worldwide is an international humanitarian organization committed to the relief, assistance and advancement of the poorest people in the least developed countries of the world. Founded in Ireland in 1968, Concern Worldwide has nearly 4,000 personnel working in 24 countries across the globe. Concern believes in a world where no one lives in fear; where all have access to a decent standard of living and the opportunities essential to a long, healthy and creative life. Our mission is to help people living in absolute poverty achieve major improvements in their lives, improvements that are sustainable without ongoing support from Concern.
Concern Worldwide US (CUS) is an independent affiliate of Concern Worldwide, with offices in New York and Chicago. CUS advances the Concern Worldwide mission through mobilizing financial and human resources, as well as influencing and activating networks in the US to elevate programs globally.
Concern Worldwide U.S. seeks committed and highly motivated students as part of its 2020 summer internship program This is an excellent opportunity for individuals to work alongside Concern’s staff and experience the many mechanisms that come together to create an effective organization, while gaining exposure to Concern Worldwide’s vision and mission.
The internship is unpaid but interns may apply for credit through their college or university.
Goal of Internship
As a Concern Worldwide U.S. intern, you will have the opportunity to learn and gain exposure to the breadth of Concern’s portfolio of work which includes emergency response, climate response and resilience, and health & nutrition. Through your day to day assignment, as well as experiential learning opportunities such as brown bag presentations and informational meetings with members of Concern’s senior management team, your internship will provide you with an opportunity to work on engaging, high impact projects for a large international NGO.
-The Development Intern will have the opportunity to learn how to financially support international development programs through special events.
-They will also gain knowledge on a diverse range of fundraising activities.
-Internship activities will be based on specific candidate skills, experience and interests.
· Support the Chicago team and event committees to successfully produce high quality events for Concern Worldwide.
· Assist the Regional Development Manager with logistical execution and sponsorship strategy for fundraising events occurring throughout the year.
· Assist with event week and day-of-event operations including set-up and execution.
· Assist with development correspondence, reporting, communications materials, donor packets, and other written materials as needed.
· Assist in creation of event materials such as PowerPoint presentations, posters, flyers and other materials as needed.
· General administrative duties and other special projects as needed.
· An undergraduate (rising seniors or juniors preferred) or graduate student pursuing a major in a relevant field (International Relations, Development Studies, etc.).
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Adobe Photoshop, InDesign or Canva, a plus.
· A self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
· Flexibility to meeting changing deadlines and priorities and ability to manage multiple tasks.
· Good interpersonal and communication skills.
· Commitment to the core values and vision of Concern Worldwide.
· Interest, familiarity, and/or coursework in humanitarian assistance and international development is strongly preferred.
· Candidates must be currently authorized to work in the US.
We appreciate your interest working with Concern Worldwide U.S. Inc. Due to high applicant volume we regret that we are not able to send personalized responses to all applicants. Only candidates short-listed for a first-round interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
It is Concern Worldwide U.S.’s policy to employ, compensate and advance personnel without regard to race, creed, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, height and weight, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, partnership status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military status, arrest record and any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org