Macfadden, a PAE company, is seeking a Business Development Coordinator. The Business Development Coordinator, reporting to the Business Development Manager, will provide a range of support to the Macfadden/PAE USAID Business Development Unit. This will include business intelligence and opportunity research; updating and maintaining required business development records and pipeline reports; assisting the Business Development Manager with facilitating communication with external teaming partners during the capture and Bid & Proposal phases; provide assistance to on-going capture efforts; and provide general administrative support to the Business Development Unit. Additionally, the Business Development Coordinator will conduct research and gather market information on potential clients and competitors to identify opportunities that align with Macfadden/PAE’s business development strategy. This individual may be expected to research and draft portions of narratives and supporting documents for assigned bids, including new opportunities and rebids and renewals of existing programs.
- Contributes to design and strategy development for assigned opportunities.
- Conducts background research and competitor analysis, using GovWin and other business intelligence platforms, for specific opportunities and participates in assessments as needed. Updates and maintains business development-related information on knowledge management systems including SharePoint, Salesforce and other systems.
- Updates and maintains Salesforce pipeline of opportunities.
- Assists the Macfadden/PAE Business Development Manager in serving as a liaison to other PAE functional unites and Proposal Management departments.
- Drafts portions of proposals for assigned opportunities as required.
- Conducts general market research on potential clients and competitors and contributes to identification of potential U.S. government (USG) opportunities. May also support non-USG business development efforts.
- Assist the Business Development Manager in maintaining and updating Macfadden’s competitor database, agency forecast, pipeline, and other relevant documents on an ongoing basis.
- Assist the Business Development Manager in tracking all opportunities under consideration via USAID Business Forecast, GovWin, , Beta.Sam, and other relevant industry forecasts.
- Helps to maintain, opportunity records in corporate customer relationship management (CRM) system (Salesforce).
- Assists the Business Development Manager in performing competitive analysis, tracking industry trends, and maintaining extensive knowledge of market conditions. Researches and analyzes partnership development and possible competition.
- Collaborates cross-functionally in the implementation of the organization's business plan, strategy, and goals.
- Works closely with all members of the Business Development Unit to complete assigned weekly/monthly tasks for the department.
- Supports the development of business development marketing materials including presentations, capabilities statements, brochures, and website content.
- Identifies conferences, networking events, industry days, and events of interest to Macfadden/PAE.
- Works with program team to capture, store and update quantitative and qualitative project successes, lessons learned, and best practices.
- Maintains internal records by adhering to file structures and updates corporate capabilities, past performance references and other documents .
- Researches and analyzes historical data to support proposals.
- Supports proposal coordinator efforts during proposal development including: organizing and scheduling meetings, disseminating and responding to data calls, ensuring next steps are documented, supporting color team reviews and supporting proposal production.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business Administration, Political Science, International Development or a related field (required).
- Master’s degree in International Relations, International Development or a related field (preferred).
- Minimum one (1) year of experience with USG clientele; international development field preferred.
- Experience in business development or program management for USG agencies and/or international development funding agencies preferred; experience with USAID proposals particularly preferred.
- Excellent writing skills, including ability to write under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines.
- Strong research skills including ability to efficiently gather, compile and synthesize relevant information.
- Understanding of USG and/or international donor funding landscape (preferred).
- Ability to work collaboratively on cross functional and diverse proposal teams.
- Must be able to multi-task/meet demands of an unpredictable schedule of assignments and competing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills..
- Expert in MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org