Do you seek to make a difference in the lives of others, particularly immigrants, refugees, and the under served?
At Asian Human Services (AHS) our holistic approach to human services improves lives now and for generations ahead. Today, AHS serves everyone who seeks our help, regardless of race or ethnicity. While we continue to deepen our mission with immigrant and refugee communities, all are welcome here.
AHS focuses on culturally comprehensive human services that help people become:
- Healthy – with Community Health programs and Behavioral Health counseling.
- Educated – through skilled learning programs and a charter school for grades pre-K to 8 that specializes in preparing children to lead in a global world.
- Employed – using comprehensive job-related services that place hundreds of job-seekers into full-time and part-time employment every year.
We are seeking a Career Service Navigator.
The Career Service Navigator (CSN) will work with Adult and/or Youth Workforce Development clients, conducting intake and assessments, providing barrier reduction services, providing supportive services, tracking program progress, ensuring clients meet program requirements, and supporting the entire Workforce Development team to ensure clients gain and retain full-time employment for the grant-specific retention period. The Career Service Navigator will ensure that clients receive the most efficient and professional customer service, guidance and support. The CSN will serve as a team player by maintaining open communication with staff and assisting other team members when needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as professional advocate for clients with all internal and external stakeholders (DHS, employers, etc.) ensuring clients’ career goals are met within the framework of funder and agency guidelines.
- Serve as single point-of-contact throughout clients’ experience at AHS – from intake through final employment retention.
- Conduct orientation sessions for groups or individuals per grant/agency guidelines.
- Create individualized plans for employment per program/grant requirements.
- Direct clients to and develop additional in-house and external resources for housing, child care, expungement, clothing, and any additional service needed to resolve barriers.
- Assign clients to grant specific activities as required by grant or funder.
- Schedule and conduct individual client meetings in accordance with program requirements.
- Complete weekly and/or monthly reports on customer progress and submit change reports per DHS guidelines.
- Ensure that clients are placed in full-time, unsubsidized jobs and collect required documentation in order to ensure billing eligibility and payment from DHS.
- Assist in organizing informational sessions and recruitment events and identify qualified clients.
- Verify new employment information, obtain pay stubs, and wage history from employer and/or customer, and report both new and updated information to DHS.
- Develop career pathway plans with newly employed clients, and follow-up throughout the initial employment period to ensure 90-day job retention by providing job retention services including addressing retention issues, job coaching, and counseling.
- Track all client data points, prepare program-related documents and reports as defined by Program Director, Program Manager and/or DHS.
- Participate actively in weekly team meetings – share required metrics, customer successes and challenges and industry-related information. Create and share one strength-based presentation every quarter.
- Bachelor in a social science or related field or equivalent experience
- Bilingual language skills
- Car and valid Illinois driver’s license and insurance is required
- Experience in career counseling and workforce development
- Experience working with low-income adults
- Excellent communication skills and ability to quickly build rapport with clients and staff
- Self-motivated and accountable
- Highly organized and the able to meet strict deadlines
- Creative approach to assisting clients with multiple barriers to employment gain and keep employment
- Commitment to service
- Understanding of social media in relation to employment searches and professional networking
- Tech savvy; proficiency with MS Office
- Basic end-user level understanding and experience with Salesforce is a plus
- Ability to serve clients from diverse backgrounds
- In all matters, takes ownership over the work done on behalf of clients and AHS
Asian Human Services Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer dedicated to the fair and equal treatment of all of its employees without regard to age, gender, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, disability, political or union affiliation, maternity status, parental status, military or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Health insurance, Dental insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Vision insurance, Retirement plan, Paid time off, Professional development assistance, Tuition reimbursement
Please submit cover letter explaining relevant experience, along with resume to: Armend Sahatqija, Program Manager
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org