The Financial Services Volunteer Corps (FSVC) is looking for a highly motivated and analytical individual to join our Program team in New York City. Our mission is to provide the highest quality technical assistance to developing countries by mostly recruiting senior financial experts to serve as volunteers on short-term missions. Among other tasks, you will be responsible for identifying these experts and managing a portfolio of programs, from project design through execution and post-project follow-up. As a Program Officer, you will work very closely with our field staff and volunteer experts, focusing on the development of practical, results-oriented projects.
Since 1990, FSVC has been delivering technical assistance projects in over 65 countries. These projects focus, among others, on helping banks lend to small businesses, setting up deposit insurance to protect people’s savings, and helping governments manage their budgets more effectively and transparently. Sound, inclusive and transparent financial infrastructures are critical to support job creation, attract foreign investment and support lasting economic growth in these countries. FSVC currently has field offices in Albania, Angola, Ethiopia, Kenya, Lebanon, Somalia, Tajikistan and Tunisia.
Key job functions include:
· Manage all stateside aspects of assigned program implementation, from project design, to expert recruiting through execution and post-project follow-up;
· Recruit potential volunteers with expertise in various financial sector areas to serve as volunteers on individual projects;
· Liaise closely with FSVC field staff to support program development and project management;
· Contribute to proposal writing and other business development activities, as needed; and
· Contribute actively to improving FSVC’s efficacy and impact.
· Undergraduate degree in finance/economics/business management or international relations;
· Relevant internship and/or full-time work experience in financial services or international development work, including previous work experience in “Big Four” accounting and consultancy firms;
· Fluency in one or more languages spoken in countries where FSVC currently operates;
· Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills;
· Efficiency and business acumen; and
· Ability to work independently.
For consideration, please email a cover letter, resume, and relevant writing sample and include “Program Officer” in the subject line. The writing sample should not exceed 3 pages. U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status required. Submission Deadline: April 15, 2020. Please note: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org