Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) at the IOM Country Office in Brussels and in close coordination with relevant Heads of Unit (HoU), the successful candidate will assist in the daily handling of information and communication activities.
The Intern will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in updating the CO website;
- Assist in compiling the CO biannual newsletter;
- Assist in organising meetings, conferences and events;
- Assist in drafting and translating meeting reports;
- Assist with media requests;
- Draft social media posts (Twitter & Facebook);
- Compile the CO daily and weekly press reviews;
- Assist in developing new information materials issued by the IOM Brussels CO;
- Update relevant CO contact databases;
- Assist in translating IOM Brussels CO key documents from English to French and/or from English to Dutch;
- Any other tasks that may be required.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Completion of secondary school. Master’s degree in communication, Social Science, Languages or Political Science.
- First professional experience in administration, translation or event organization;
- Basic knowledge of information and communication tools;
- Good level of computer literacy;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to understand the Organization’s structure and portfolios;
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously in a team of colleagues of varied cultural and professional backgrounds;
- Ability to draft clearly and concisely.
- Proficiency in English, Dutch and/or French (C2 European level) is required. Proficiency in all three languages is an advantage.
- Candidates who should undergo a practice placement in the framework of their studies, hold a scholarship or who are sponsored by governmental/non-governmental institutions are preferred for the vacancy;
- The internship is subject to local recruitment. Only persons holding a valid residence and work permit for Belgium will be eligible for consideration.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org