The WRI India Senior Communications Associate will be a key member of the WRI India core communications team and will be based in New Delhi, India. The candidate is expected to have outstanding content development and editorial skills. One of the key responsibilities is to create and edit content for the social media, blogs, op-eds and print collaterals. The candidate must have passion to distil complex ideas in well-organized, accessible and everyday language.
She/he will co create content for WRI India and will collaborate in designing the story of WRI India across various platforms. The candidate is expected to have knowledge and willingness to adapt key messages for the social media such as Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Provide writing, editing and copyediting support to the leadership and programs with production of compelling written and visual communications.
- Serve as liaison between WRI India communications and program staff to develop program-related communications and promote project milestones.
- Edit and manage regular newsletters.
- Manage quality control and ensure timely dissemination of WRI India all-staff emailers.
Website Content Management:
- Perform quality control checks on all new and revised content. Check for length, language, flow, spelling and grammar.
- Work closely with WRI India communications staff to cross-promote content, templates and design.
- Contribute to web projects such as site launches, site redesigns, site retirements, user experience improvements, content planning and migration, map and interactive content development, etc.
- Manage photo selection, such as cropping, resizing, and compressing.
- Manage WRI India’s social media accounts especially including Twitter and LinkedIn in collaboration with the team.
- Spot social media trends relevant to WRI’s work, and work to include our content in nationally trending conversations.
- Oversee development of general communications materials related to small and large-scale events, including branding, website, messaging, talking points, PowerPoint slides, and print materials.
- Ensure that all WRI India events follow brand guidelines, working closely with project teams and external vendors for the same.
- Masters’ degree in fields such as communications, marketing, business, social or environmental studies, or English language or literature.
- Minimum 5-6 years of full-time experience.
- Ability to brainstorm creative growth strategies for digital and social media outreach, as well as an understanding of other web best practices and standards.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced office environment, both independently and as part of a global team.
- Ability to build and maintain productive relationships with a diverse group of internal clients.
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, technical curiosity, and willingness to learn.
- Excellent writing skills in English.
- Basic knowledge of design software such as InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Understanding of how websites are built and basic troubleshooting.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org