Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches for a broad and lasting impact. The firm is headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, youth, health, and evaluation and learning.
Banyan Global is recruiting for a Senior Program Manager. The Senior Program Manager will provide technical and management oversight to the implementation of a large USAID-funded regional economic growth project in East Africa. The position is based in Washington, DC with extensive travel to the region.
- Lead the collaborative design and implementation of the project work plan.
- Lead the completion of project technical reports, e.g., regional value chain action plans, trade landscape analyses, and business advisory service assessments.
- Assist in project start-up operations, including recruitment.
- Translate project goals and objectives into implementable strategies and plans with all pertinent Banyan Global staff. Regularly review and update strategies and plans with all team members.
- Provide direct technical, administrative, operational, and financial oversight to the project Chief of Party and entire project team.
- Oversee the drafting of the project communications plan and oversee quality control of all communications products.
- Build and maintain productive working relationships with USAID, project partners, and key stakeholders.
- Respond to all donor reporting requirements, including quarterly and annual project reports, and other deliverables as specified in the contract.
- Represent the project at meetings with donors and other key stakeholders.
- Manage the project’s operational, financial, and administrative planning and budgeting processes in partnership with Banyan Global’s headquarters financial management staff.
- Advanced degree in international development, economics, or related field.
- Demonstrated experience working on economic growth, trade, resilience, agricultural policy, and/or agriculture programming, particularly in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Experience working on technical aspects of USAID economic growth programs, including supporting value chain analyses, trade studies, and policy and regulatory reform.
- Understanding of resilience issues in sub-Saharan Africa.
- At least 10 years of experience with project management and financial management on USAID programming. Experience managing staff.
- Ability to travel for 3-4 weeks at a time to East Africa, including regional travel.
- Demonstrated representational skills in fostering relationships with partner governments, donors, and national and international NGOs and partners.
- Experience managing programmatic and financial reporting requirements.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; excellent demonstrated interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in recruiting, developing, and managing staff and teams.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Fluency in English required; second language a plus.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org