QED is a global consulting firm with more than 20 years of experience providing data-driven and insightful solutions in close to 100 countries. We are passionate about transforming lives through knowledge-based solutions. Leveraging deep expertise in monitoring, evaluation, global health, and learning, we help our clients collect, analyze, visualize, and ultimately use data in more effective ways. Our work maximizes results through the use of cutting-edge technologies and innovation, organizational development, and evidence-based decision-making.
We are currently seeking a Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) and Knowledge Management Specialist candidate for the upcoming USAID/Global Greater Internet Freedom (GIF) Activity. GIF seeks to increase capacity of civil society and independent media, in countries where USAID works, on internet freedom issues relevant to country contexts. The activity will link local actors to regional and global expertise and dialogues in the internet freedom community, broadening that community to include voices and concerns from local civil societies and to bring global expertise and best practices to the local level. USAID, through this activity, seeks to advance internet freedom in the countries where it works by ensuring that digital security capacities, data awareness, and activism on behalf of an open, interoperable, reliable, and secure internet are available, adaptive, and integrated into the operation of independent media and civil society. The activity’s two primary objectives are: 1) improving the digital security practices of civil society, human rights defenders, and media; and 2) increasing the long-term and wide-ranging engagement of civil society on issues of internet governance.
The CLA and KM Specialist will be expected to interact regularly with a diverse range of actors such as program staff, USAID/DRG staff, USAID Mission staff, civil society organizations, media organizations, private sector actors, other donors, and all program stakeholders.
• Design and organize capacity building efforts, including trainings, learning events, mentorship programs, and stakeholder meetings
• Facilitate communities of practice for improved collaboration and knowledge sharing
• Produce learning products and publications, such as syntheses of findings and recommendations, lessons learned, newsletters, briefers, visuals, and videos
• Engage partners and champions, both online and in-person, to build and strengthen trusted networks of experts
• Support the development and implementation of learning agendas, MEL Plans, CLA Plans, and GIF strategy, as appropriate
• Bachelor's Degree in social science, international relations, international development or related field required; Master's preferred.
• 6+ years with a Bachelor’s/4+ years with a Masters’ experience designing, implementing, and managing learning and adaptive management approaches for a donor agency; preferred experience in CLA
• Demonstrated understanding of knowledge management principles and capacity to deliver knowledge management and/or organizational learning activities
• Ability to link content development and engagement strategies that facilitate timely, useful delivery of information through project learning platforms and activities
• Excellent team management and interpersonal skills
• Strong facilitation skills
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
• Working knowledge of MS Office
• Fluent oral and written communication skills in English; strong oral and written communication in Spanish, French or Arabic strongly preferred
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org