Main Purpose of the job: Management of all efforts and engagements of WEConnect International in South Asia, comprising of India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Pakistan and Nepal. Lead market representatives in South Asia to support and expand the local impact of WEConnect International.
Reporting to: WEConnect International Chief Operating Officer
Organization Information: WEConnect International, a corporate-led global non-profit, helps build sustainable communities by empowering women business owners to succeed in local and global markets. WEConnect International has since 2009 provided business education, certification, and business connections to businesses based outside the United States that are at least 51 percent owned, managed and controlled by one or more women. WEConnect International corporate members represent over $1 trillion in annual purchasing power and are true pioneers in inclusive sourcing and global supplier development. www.WEConnectInternational.org
Job Overview: WEConnect International has been growing steadily and is now seeking to dramatically accelerate growth. Therefore, the position requires that the individual is mission-focused, strategic, collaborative, a strong team player, creative, self-motivated, open to change, and process minded. The position requires that the individual has strong communication skills and can adjust to the different requirements and cultural conditions of the diverse operating environments where WEConnect International supports buyers and sellers. The Regional Director for South Asia and must be a leader who delivers measurable, cost-effective results that help to make the mission a reality.
Core Preferred Competencies: Experience managing teams and with a strong knowledge of South Asia and their women’s economic empowerment and entrepreneurship local ecosystems.
1. Business Development
- Work closely with market leads in South Asia to map current corporate relations, identify partnerships and sources of funding that advance organizational goals and objectives, and support regional events and member engagement.
- Meet with key stakeholders to elevate the profile of WEConnect International, build relationships with potential funders and thought leaders, and strengthen relationships in South Asia.
- Work with the VP of Member Relations to engage members in opportunities to interact with local women-owned businesses and to develop initiatives or programs that support the success of local women-owned businesses and their access to markets.
- Identify opportunities for engagement with new corporate and local members to increase partnerships.
- Working with the local Market Leads, develop strategy for recruiting local women owned businesses and lead the implementation of the strategy.
- Lead monthly advisory calls with members and market leads.
- Participate in global member calls and report out relevant information for market leads and local advisory calls in South Asia.
- Develop strategies and materials that ensure a consistent message, brand, engagement and value-added services for diverse stakeholders in South Asia.
- Research and identify grant opportunities in South Asia
2. Effective Organizational Management and Development
- Develop business and marketing strategy for South Asia.
- Manage local market leads performance and ability to meet strategic goals and objectives that are directly tied to impact and value-added services.
- Manage and develop the skills and capacity of relevant local market leads.
- Develop materials, products, and services that are consistent across the global team and relevant for South Asia.
- Draft Statement of Works for events and programs in the region and conduct events
- Participate in all team and member calls to provide information about achievements, challenges, and best practices.
- Hold monthly regional and monthly one-on-one calls with local market leads.
- Manage and support local market leads in the development of strategic plans and initiatives.
- Work across organizational teams to ensure that objectives are being met.
- Support the travel of the CEO and COO to regional meetings, events and engagements to ensure that trips deliver highest impact and strategic objectives; including developing short briefs on relevant regional stakeholders and working closely with the Executive Assistant to plan and support travel.
- Undertake any other duties which may from time to time be required; this job description is not intended to be either prescriptive or exhaustive but is issued as a general guideline to the main areas of responsibilities
- Over 7 years of working experience in South Asia with extensive knowledge of the markets and local socio-economic issues.
- Ability to develop creative and strategic initiatives which support organizational goals and objectives.
- Knowledge and command of mechanisms to track impact and effectiveness of partnerships
- Wide network of relevant stakeholders working on women’s economic empowerment and entrepreneurship
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with government, corporate, SME, and NGO networks
- Awareness of issues affecting women-own businesses in the region, particularly the specific barriers faced by women entrepreneurs, with preferred experience or working knowledge of women-owned businesses in South Asia
- Proven track record in identifying, establishing, and managing strategic partnerships
- Must demonstrate proven track record of program management, strategic thinking capabilities, team building, and leadership
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills in English; with the ability to deliver presentations to a wide variety of audiences
- Strong research capabilities
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Empathy with women business owners, preferably with experience starting and growing a business
- Ability to work within allotted budgets
- Be a skilled networker and partnership player with the ability to influence others
- Patience and high communication skills to be able to address concerns and questions of various stakeholders
- Experience of relationship management with multinational corporations
- Knowledge and experience with relevant supply chain systems and procurement processes nationally and internationally
- Ability to develop and update reports and communicate achievements and challenges to key stakeholders
- Excellent IT skills and ability to manage and develop reports as it relates to partnership effectiveness and impact
- Willingness to continually build capacities and learn additional skills to improve organizational capacities
- Experience managing others and building their capacities
- Ability to work alone, as a part of a team, and to set and meet targets independently and to manage and deliver projects to timelines
- A ‘self-starter’ with excellent motivational skills, enthusiasm, vision and a willingness to think big and encourage the team to develop approaches to overcome challenges
- Sound judgment and good political skills and a flexible approach to work
- Fluency in English required. Hindi and/or Banglas a plus.
- Ability to travel as needed
- Solid educational background – undergraduate degree required; MBA or similar advanced degree highly desired
Compensation: This is a professional position with a competitive salary. We offer a generous benefits package that includes fully paid health insurance for employees including dental and vision, and generous paid time off.
Qualified candidates must submit a resume, three references, a cover letter and salary requirements to [email protected]. Please note that documents need to be received in PDF form. Application Subject Line: DirectorSouthAsia_YOURNAME,
No phone calls, please. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about the position. WEConnect International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org