For 30 years, our sole focus has been to help young people succeed. Together with partners around the world, we’ve invested in ensuring that youth develop the leadership, technical, and life skills to earn a livelihood. Whether it’s landing a first job, growing a business, or driving social change, every young person deserves the opportunity to realize his or her full potential. Rooted in the belief of youth as problem-solvers, change-makers, and leaders, our initiatives are catalysts for change. For more information please consult www.iyfnet.org.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To provide technical and operational support to IYF’s workforce development programs in the United States (US) as well as other program coordination and partnership development efforts. The ideal candidate will be an independent self-starter with project management and/or youth workforce development experience in the United States and strong organizational and administrative support skills as well as the ability to quickly learn and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical coordination and operational support to workforce training programs in the US, including regular support and interface with implementation partners in Chicago and DC.
- Assist the program team in maintaining and updating implementation plans and other project resources.
- Coordinate and track the development and processing of program grants and contracts to ensure timely receipt, input into IYF’s database, approval, processing, and payment.
- Develop and maintain familiarity with all aspects of assigned projects, including knowledge of donor rules/regulations to ensure compliance, along with related IYF policies/procedures for project grants and contracts.
- Lead coordination and event logistics for meetings, training and other project activities.
- Maintain IYF’s Customer Relationship Management System, STORM, such that contacts, implementation notes and other project details are accurate and up to date.
- Co-facilitate trainings and meetings and conduct the appropriate follow up actions including, but not limited, to in-person coaching, participant assessments, participant communication, or data entry of meeting notes or facilitation observations.
- Complete other tasks as assigned.
- Ability to identify and establish priorities, work independently, and exercise sound judgment related to providing support and assistance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English are required.
- Group facilitation skills preferred.
- Ability to identify problems in a timely manner, make recommendations toward solving problems, and work well in group problem solving situations.
- Ability to work in a dynamic team, as well as an ability to carry out tasks independently. Ability to establish effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent time management, attention to detail, and organizational skills are required.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills which must be effective and courteous, requiring cultural awareness and competence in working with marginalized communities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Experience with SalesForce, or other Customer Relationship Management system, a plus.
- Cultural competency skills.
- Associate’s Degree or higher in a field relevant to IYF’s mission and programs (Social Science, International Relations, Public Policy, Psychology, Education) plus 1-3 years of work experience preferred.
- Knowledge of, or experience with, programs that support youth employment, education/training, and/or social services in the United States preferred.
- Experience engaging with diverse populations; specifically low income, racial and ethnic minorities
- Commitment to IYF’s mission.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org