The European Public Health Alliance is looking for dynamic, efficient, multi-skilled students in communications (Bachelor or Master’s) with a keen interest in public health, and understanding of the EU policy and decision-making processes. The placement is for a duration 6 months, starting in June 2020.
Who are we looking for?
- Students of communications, public relations, journalism and other related studies;
- Experience in using web based resources, including social media, web editors, CMS. Knowledge of HTML a plus;
- Experience using Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign is not mandatory, but a strong plus;
- Excellent writing/blogging skills;
- Passionate about Social Media, Blogging, and the Events Industry;
- Strong computer skills, particularly Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Strong research skills;
- Excellent written and spoken English; knowledge of other EU languages a plus;
- Attention to details;
- Well-organised, practical-minded and able to prioritise a busy and varied work-load;
- An independent, self-starter personality.
What will you do?
The successful candidates will work closely with our Communications Manager. Interns would attend team meetings and would be heavily involved in EPHA activities, participating in the day-to-day management of EPHA’s communications stream.
In particular, interns will support the work of our Communications Team in the following areas:
- Monitor social media and contribute to social media strategy implementation;
- Editorial roles: blogging, newsletter, weekly feeds, and contributions to EPHA’s editorial calendar;
- Support implementation of communication actions (mass mailing design and drafting, graphics, mailing lists growth, social media activity, events logistics) for EPHA’s key campaigns including Agriculture policy (Food, Alcohol & Tobacco) and NCDs, Rights for Health (Health Inequalities, Roma Health and Early Childhood Development…), Healthy Trade policy, Universal Access and Affordable Medicines, Action on Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR);
- Event management: planning, logistics and communication;
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR): ensuring EPHA’s compliance with the new regulation;
- Attending key events;
- Conduct research.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org