The Operations/Program-Support Manager (PSM) is responsible for assisting the Executive Director (ED), Director of Finance (DOF) and Director of Programs (DOP) with the day-to-day operations and programs support management for the Syrian American Medical Society Foundation activities. S/he will work closely with the DOF, DOP, and field offices in Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan and Iraq teams to ensure the smooth operations, procurement, compliance and project management of the organization.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise between HQ and field offices on matters concerning Operations and Compliance; provide coaching, mentoring, training, and oversight to field office teams.
- Lead start-up of new country entry and establishment and registration of new field offices.
- Oversee and manage all procurement at HQ and provide oversight of the regional offices; provide technical support and monitoring of the procurement cycle and vendor agreements.
- Act as the main POC for SAMS’s Enterprise Risk Management (ERM).
- Serve as the main POC for organization-wide external audits and donor-related due diligence.
- Recruit and manage long- and short-term contractors and subcontractors, including administration issues, budgets, invoice reviews, and review deliverables to ensure they meet technical and quality standards.
- Lead organization-wide Capacity Building activities.
- Lead and Coordinate Gift in Kind donations relations, outreach and activities
- Engaging with senior management in strategic planning and facilitating, ensuring the implementation of steps to achieve goals with the field offices in Turkey, Jordan, and Lebanon.
- Update, review and develop organizational wide policies and procedures;
- Ensure efficiency of SAMS systems to support programming and implementation, and work with SAMS Directors of Programs, Operations, Finance to improve SAMS program backstopping systems;
- Act as the main POC to manage and coordinate HQ administrations and operations activities;
- Act as the main POC with SAMS legal advisor;
- Travel to country offices to provide technical and leadership support when needed
- Undertakes assignments on field activities or special initiatives in Jordan, Iraq and Lebanon as appropriate.
- Supports compliance with the appropriate regulations in providing logistical support for project staff and activities, and that all such activities are done in accordance with organization policy and governmental regulations.
- Prepares the required approvals to ensure compliance with internal and external contract and policy requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred in a relevant field.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience (international development/ humanitarian aid operations, project management, contracts).
- Understanding and proficiency in operations and project management systems and procedures.
- Proficiency in procurement procedures and contract compliance.
- Intermediate level proficiency in MS Excel and other MS Office Suite programs.
- Demonstrated ability to propose possible resolutions to complex technical, managerial or operational problems.
- Demonstrated proactivity, attention to detail, working within deadlines, and ability to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated management and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and donor service provision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience living or working in the MENA region and Arabic proficiency is preferred
To apply, send your recent resume and cover letter with ‘Operations Manager’ in the subject line.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org