The Climate Action Campaign is a highly effective, unbranded coalition of national climate, conservation, and progressive groups, state and local partners, and key allies working to protect clean air and promote action to limit climate change. The Campaign regularly partners with national and state-based groups, as well as leaders from diverse communities, to promote climate action, defend against attacks on the Clean Air Act and climate change policies, and showcase the unyielding transition to clean energy driven by state, local and federal action.
The Climate Action Campaign is looking for a Program Manager for our Partner Engagement team who will help us establish new and maintain existing relationships with organizations that we partner with to demand action on the global climate crisis. The Program Manager is responsible for establishing new and stewarding existing relationships with partner organizations representing diverse constituencies with an emphasis on the African American community, and additional constituencies as assigned. This position will report to the Director of Partner Engagement, who is responsible for working with senior staff to manage strategic engagement with NGO allies, including diverse constituency groups. The Program Manager will be responsible for duties including, but not limited to:
- Establishing new and managing existing relationships with partner organizations representing diverse constituencies.
- Serving as CAC’s point of contact for respective constituencies and organizations, keeping management, internal departments, and direct supervisors apprised of the latest intel from partner organizations and constituencies.
- Developing strategies and organizing opportunities to engage constituency groups around key priority issues.
- Maintaining relationships with partner organizations by facilitating weekly check-in calls or meetings to ensure grant deliverables are met, including weekly database reporting.
- Managing relationships with applicable consultants and contractors as necessary.
- Working well within and deftly navigating dense coalition dynamics.
- Working with CAC and partner organizations to develop grants and contracts, setting mutually agreed-upon deliverables. Deliverables to include earned media events, social media opportunities, and engagement with key stakeholders or decision-makers, etc.
- Facilitating material delivery and development from CAC to partner organizations.
- Administrative duties, including database reporting, scheduling meetings, organizing convenings, event planning, expense reporting, project budget planning, and others as needed.
- Providing additional programmatic and administrative support to projects such as managing and executing internal team projects, participating in working groups, and assisting the Partner Engagement Director with other projects as needed.
- 2-4 years in political, organizing, and media experience
- Creative approach to planning and problem solving
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Strong time management and priority-setting skills
- Previous experience of working successfully with state and national organizations
- Ability to maintain discretion
- Highly collaborative with experience working across multiple departments and teams
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, sense of humor and positive attitude
- Knowledge of database software preferred but not essential
- Comfortable working in fast-paced environments
- Position located in Washington, DC
This Partner Engagement Program Manager reports to the Director of Partner Engagement.
The target starting salary for this position is $50,000, depending on experience. Salary is commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, generous paid time off, and 401k plan.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org