The Senior Conflict Advisor will serve as a regional technical expert and resource person on conflict, peace and security-, stabilization- and countering violent extremism-related programming is sub-Saharan Africa. The Senior Conflict Advisor will provide AFR/SD/CPG with the following essential support:
1) track and analyze current events and their impact on conflict and countering violent extremism, programming in Africa
2) assist in planning and conducting assessments as well as with strategy, program planning and evaluation
3) develop cutting edge research concepts that support USAID’s efforts to promote conflict mitigation and stability in sub-Saharan Africa and incorporate research findings into policies, programs, and strategies
4) serve as a technical liaison with other USG agencies, donor organizations, and non-government organizations to ensure coordination
5) prepare Agency leadership for participation in interagency policy and strategic discussions, including the preparation of reports and briefing materials
6) assists in developing analysis and funding recommendations for field-based programming
7) serves as a Contracting Officer’s Representative, Agreement Officer’s Representative or activity manager as requested. The incumbent will also perform the full range of project design and management functions including concept development, participation in evaluation committees, development of procurement-related documentation for awards, and monitoring activity performance.
Qualifications: FSL-02: The incumbent must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the FSL-03 level in the Federal service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. US Citizenship is required.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org