A new School of Foreign Service (SFS) research center is seeking applications for multiple Staff Researcher positions. We are a research organization focused on studying the security impacts of emerging technologies, supporting academic work in security and technology studies, and delivering nonpartisan analysis to technologists and policymakers. This new Center will focus initially on artificial intelligence and advanced computing.
Staff Researchers will report to the Center’s Director of Data Science and Research and will be responsible for:
- Developing, proposing, and leading research projects related to the Center’s mission, both individually and in collaboration with Research Fellows, other Staff Researchers, Research Analysts, Data Scientists, and Center leadership.
- Producing written publications as outputs from research projects, both individually and as a coauthor.
- Supervising and mentoring Research Analysts to provide research support.
- Developing and delivering presentations and briefs for policy-making audiences on topics related to emerging technologies, specifically, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), National Security, and associated policy considerations.
- Managing and executing research sub-grants to other academic institutions and centers.
- Collaborating with Data Scientists and Translators in building out the Center’s data and document libraries.
- Monitoring trends and developments in AI, ML, and national security policy.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- At least 3 years of progressive experience in research and policy analysis including familiarity with interpreting and visualizing data
- Ability to carry out self-directed research and assigned tasks with limited need for supervision
- Proficiency with office productivity tools like Google Docs, Microsoft Office, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and critical thinking skills
- Motivated, enthusiastic and self-driven
- Graduate coursework in international relations, public policy, law, economics, or related field
- Research experience in national security and technology policy
- Familiarity with recent developments in machine learning and computing
- Project or team management experience
- Proficiency in statistics and data analysis
- Foreign language proficiency
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org