We are immediately seeking a Head of Engagement in London, to join our global ESG team.
ISS ESG provides both custom engagement and Pooled Engagement solutions.
Pooled Engagement is a dialogue and engagement service. It is a tool for asset owners and asset managers alike to exercise active ownership through dialogue with companies on environmental and social issues. Pooled Engagement supports signatories of the UN-backed Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) in demonstrating their commitment to Responsible Investment (RI) and active ownership by seeking disclosure on ESG issues from companies and supporting investors in reporting on activities and the progress of engagement. Pooled Engagement also supports clients’ efforts to meet expectations and responsibilities set out in Stewardship Codes.
The ideal candidate will have extensive prior RI, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) or Sustainability experience.
The successful candidate will have strong organizational skills and be able to work independently and collaboratively with a global team to facilitate engagement activities.
- Coordinate Engagements across the year:
- Responsibility for quality assurance of service deliveries
- Lead on facilitating meetings involving issuers and clients
- Train staff on Engagement processes
- Contribute to the development and periodic review of Engagement services and processes. This will include:
- Monitoring industry and market developments and initiatives to review alignment of product against market expectations
- Contribute to alignment of processes with existing ISS products
- 5-7 years of relevant working experience
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent communication skills: The individual must be able to engage professionally with clients, colleagues and external stakeholders
- Strong academic qualifications (Masters in relevant field, such as economic/international relations/law/politics/communications desirable but not required)
- Excellent language skills, both written and oral (Required fluency in English; fluency in Danish, German, Dutch is desirable)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently towards deadlines
- Methodical and thorough approach to work
- Well-organized and proactive
- Good at juggling tasks and prioritizing
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team to coordinate and lead the efforts of other professionals within a global team
- A desire to show initiative
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org