Concern’s Equality Strategy provides a framework for work across the organisation and in programming. Working as part of the HR Directorate, the Equality Diversity and Inclusion Adviser (EDI) will be responsible for leading the design, development and delivery of HR strategy in Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, implementing appropriate activities to create an enabling environment to progress the agenda with Concern’s staff worldwide.
- Develop and implement an organisational approach to staff equality, diversity and inclusion in line with Concern’s Equality Policy and Strategy
- Support managers (including Country Directors) in addressing and advancing equality, diversity and inclusion with their teams and country offices
- Establish appropriate reporting and monitoring mechanisms to meet organisational and legal requirements while reviewing progress to refine future action
- Reviewing, and revising where necessary, the organisation’s workplace, policies and procedures ensuring these are inclusive
- Promoting and developing training programmes to enhance employee understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion issues
- Supporting and guiding recruitment teams to develop approaches which attract more diversity amongst applicants and removes bias
- Identifying external trends and recognising best practice to increase diversity and promote equality and inclusion amongst the workforce
- Demonstrate positive internal and external working relationships within HR and the Learning & OD team and with stakeholders / wider staff
- Accept, advance and pursue any new objectives or responsibilities assigned by the Director of Learning & OD.
- An academic qualification in a relevant field (for example equality, diversity, inclusion, sociology, social science, human resource management)
- A minimum of 5 years proven relevant experience with a track record of furthering the equality, diversity and inclusion agenda within an organisational environment (e.g. strategy, systems and staff)
- Experience of working with individuals and teams to create awareness and change, experience of developing and delivering training
- A understanding of the relationship between equality and safeguarding as a key preventative measure
- Proven excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to influence others at all levels
- Solution focused with ability to question and think creatively
- Excellent Word, Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Empathy and understanding of Concern’s values and goals.
- Fluency in written and spoken French
- Experience working in overseas/multi-cultural environments
- Previous experience in non-governmental organisations.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org