Serve as a technical consultant to provide input for potential counter-trafficking in persons programming in Afghanistan implemented by Winrock.
- Develop a geographic overview of different manifestations of trafficking across the country, identifying specific vulnerable groups, types of trafficking and industries where exploitation occurs. Consider both domestic and cross-border TIP and use available prevalence studies/government data to rank areas of highest TIP prevalence and at-risk populations.
- Provide information on key governmental, nongovernmental and business stakeholders related to counter-trafficking in Afghanistan, at national and provincial levels, and define their CTIP priorities, roles, and responsibilities.
- Identify key achievements and gaps in counter-trafficking in the areas of victim protection, prevention, prosecution, policy, and private sector collaboration. Specify any windows of opportunities that may exist or challenges to be aware of.
- Map and provide brief information on local partners working to combat sex and labor trafficking in and from Afghanistan.
- Help set up calls/meetings with key government agencies, potential partners, and other stakeholders.
- Provide input on current counter-trafficking programs as well as key learnings from previous donor-funded counter trafficking initiatives.
- Provide input on possible partnerships and geographic focus.
- Provide costing and operational information as requested.
- Completed local partner matrix per approved by Winrock template
- Completed matrix of vulnerable groups with identified needs and geographic areas that are most affected
- Provide a (maximum) 20-page report outlining key gaps in counter-trafficking responses related to: a) victim protection and services; b) trafficking prevention through awareness and services for at-risk populations; c) laws and policy implementation; d) partnerships with most affected industries; and e) prosecution of TIP cases. Offer recommendations on most impactful and feasible solutions and activities.
- Written notes from meeting, responses to proposal team questions, and other technical inputs (sent on a weekly basis or more frequently) based on discussions with Afghanistan-based stakeholders
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org