McLarty Associates is seeking a motivated, resourceful, highly organized individual for a full-time, entry-level, Associate position to support our Middle East and North Africa (MENA) practice. This position will also be responsible for supporting our McLarty Media practice. We are seeking an individual who can start in mid-August.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- providing administrative support for the MENA and McLarty Media practice directors (coordinating and maintaining schedules, completing expense reports, making travel arrangements, etc.);
- monitoring regional news outlets and contributing to regular firm-wide client updates;
- coordinating client and business development activities within the MENA practice, including drafting corporate overviews and assisting with proposals;
- writing and editing of issue- and country-specific memos, compiling biographies, tracking specific policy/regulatory issues, developing stakeholder maps, and preparing a range of deliverables for clients;
- conducting often obscure or unusual movie-driven research utilizing reliable and primary sources, sometimes outside the normal workday;
- attending and reporting on speeches, panel discussions, and policy forums of interest to the firm and clients;
- event planning, including for large advance film screenings, among other smaller events;
- other duties as assigned.
Ideal candidates for this position possess an understanding of Middle East and North Africa trends, politics, and economics and an interest in business and government relations. Applicants should also have a robust background, demonstrated interest, and/or experience living or studying in the MENA region. Proficiency in Arabic (reading, writing, speaking) is required. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US.
We are seeking individuals who are:
- exceptionally organized with an independent and creative nature;
- inclined to take initiative and anticipate the needs of the team;
- attentive to details;
- strong researchers, writers, and editors;
- skilled communicators and team players;
- able to multi-task and complete tasks in a timely manner;
- able to manage and adapt to changing priorities, to remain poised under pressure, and to juggle multiple projects at a time;
- able to operate in a fast-paced work environment while maintaining a high level of professionalism, mature judgment, and confidentiality;
- broadly knowledgeable about world events and history, given that the Media practice crosses all geographies and topics;
- proficient with PowerPoint, Excel, Office 365, and other business applications and media platforms.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org