POMED is currently hiring a Communications Associate to assist with POMED’s communications and events and provide support to POMED’s various programs. Under the supervision of the Communications Director and senior program staff, the Communications Associate will play a key role in:
- Working with staff and external parties (when relevant) on the development of event program and schedule
- Managing and producing virtual events
- Reserving venues and negotiating contracts with vendors
- Handling invitations and RSVPs
- Managing setup through to cleanup
- Assisting with event promotion
Communications and Outreach
- Working with Communications Director to create, maintain, and promote content on POMED website and social media in a way that is optimized for organic distribution and fosters audience engagement
- Designing and creating compelling visual assets and digital media products to communicate POMED messaging, promote POMED products, and advance advocacy goals, including through social media graphics and videos for multiple platforms
- Contributing to the development of POMED’s communications strategy, identifying opportunities for cross-promotion, and pinpointing new trends in digital communication,
- Tracking and reporting audience and content interaction on social media channels to inform digital content and social media strategies for programs and the larger POMED brand
- Ensuring all content reflects the voice of POMED – keeping material accurate, informed, nonpartisan, and aligned with POMED’s mission
- Drafting press releases, building relationships with journalists, crafting press pitches, maintaining press contact lists, and tracking media mentions
- Assisting with editing and preparation of publications
- Performing additional related tasks as needed
- Knowledge of and familiarity with issues of political development in the Middle East and North Africa, are necessary.
- Experience with social media, especially Twitter and Facebook, is required.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Experience with graphics software such as Adobe Creative Suite; proficiency using CMS such as WordPress strongly preferred.
- Experience working on back-end website development a plus.
- Relevant experience with nonprofit and/or democracy promotion organizations is preferred.
- Strong communication and organizational skills, superb attention to detail, and the ability to multitask and balance multiple deadlines are essential. The ideal candidate is also a strong team player.
- Working knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Google Analytics.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is required; a master’s degree is helpful but not required.
- The ideal candidate will have an interest in promoting genuine democratic progress in the Middle East and North Africa and a strong commitment to POMED’s mission and principles.
- This position will be based in Washington, DC.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and a short writing sample with your name and the position title in the subject line. We will begin reviewing resumes on Monday, June 29 and will continue to review applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Please include in your application materials the status of your authorization to work in the United States. We will begin reviewing application materials upon receipt.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org