Founded in 1997, the International Budget Partnership (IBP) is a nonprofit organization of economists, advocates and policy analysts fiercely dedicated to ensuring governments are responsible stewards of public funds. We connect public financial management practitioners with activists, donors and others in more than 120 countries, working together to pioneer new approaches to enable citizen oversight of government taxation and spending. With the goal of eliminating poverty, IBP works to ensure that all people, especially underserved communities, have the right and ability to understand and influence how public money – their money – is raised and spent.
Directing the communications team and working closely with IBP’s leadership to develop and oversee the strategic direction, design and planning, implementation, and evaluation of communications, the Director of Communications will embed communications across the organization as a whole. This includes communications strategy and planning, message and content development, as well as design and creative services and digital and video productions. Internally, our professionals enjoy a workplace that is passionate about its mission and is a multi-cultural environment with strong camaraderie as it works towards transforming lives.
- Develop, coordinate, implement, embed and evaluate an IBP-wide integrated communications strategy and planning;
- Serve as a key member of executive management team to ensure that our communications are aligned with organizational goals and integrated strategically into the program work to maximize IBP impact;
- Identify and manage upcoming communications opportunities and priorities and implement strategies accordingly in collaboration with program teams;
- Manage IBP communications staffers and outside contractors.
- Help further establish the organization’s place in the international policy world as a sought-after, independent, nongovernment voice on country and international public finance and development issues, by building on IBP’s leadership in the field and raising the profile of our research and advocacy;
- Advance the organization’s agenda and support its programs through such tools and tactics as strategy and message development, editorial support, social media and digital communications, powerful storytelling, media relations, design and creative services, and digital and video production, among others;
- Oversee all communications policies, guidelines, and processes to: manage the IBP brand; ensure the production of high-quality, high-impact work; and steward organizational resources effectively; and
- Work closely with the Executive Director and the Director of Development to build materials to increase and diversify our funding base.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, and/or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience developing and implementing strategic communications plans that focus on organizational transformation through its approach to communications in the non-profit/social change sector.
- A successful track record in day-to-day communications strategy and tactical implementation, as well as longer-term planning and evaluation.
- Significant experience communicating to a variety of audiences. Experience with media relations.
- Significant experience in leading teams, managing staff, and project operations as well as working overseas and/or on international issues.
- Experience with, or expertise in, budget issues a plus.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Language skills – Fluency in English required.
- Knowledge of media relations, social media and online communications.
- Strong interpersonal and cross-communication skills, and the ability to thrive in and contribute to a culture of collaboration and teamwork in a diverse work environment.
- High level of organization; a strong ability to prioritize tasks to meet multiple deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office package, required; proficiency with other specialist software applications, desirable.
- Acumen for strategic communications and creative thinking.
- Commitment and enthusiasm of IBP’s mission.
- Doggedness in creating and managing internal and external communications.
- Ability to add value to the organization and all programs through strategic communications support.
- Experience in global organizations.
- Availability for international travel.
Please apply with a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to the role, along with your cv/resume (no photos) in English in strict confidence.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org