CONCORD is seeking a highly-motivated individual to join the Policy and Advocacy Team as the coordinator of our Financing and Funding for Sustainable Development workstream.
The purpose of this role is to provide expert input and to support CONCORD members to shape CONCORD’s advocacy work on financing and funding for sustainable development, inalignment with our vision, strategy and values. You will contribute to the work of the other Coordinators within the Secretariat in order to achieve our joint aim of transformational change in EU policy, funding and practice. You will support the communication team in contributing to the visibility of CONCORD’s work.
Key areas of responsibility
- Coordination of, enabling and facilitating CONCORD FfSD working structure, including planning and reporting;
- Promote political dialogue and build relationships with the EU institutions;
- Analyse, inform about and respond to EU and international policy processes and trends that are relevant with regards to financing and funding for sustainable development such as EU programming, budget negotiations and development finance architecture;
- Contribute to generic policy and advocacy work and internal coordination and collaboration;
- Represent the Confederation in relevant governance, planning, intelligence and lobby meetings;
- Support the peer-to-peer capacity-building of members to better engage in national, EU, partner country and international advocacy initiatives.
The successful candidate will understand and be committed to CONCORD’s vision and goals and be able to contribute to CONCORD’s ambition to pursue a transformational agenda at EU level.
- Academic background or professional experience in the development and/or human rights sector;
- Sound understanding of gender equality;
- Good understanding of EU policy-making and influencing processes and strategies.
- At least 5 years of professional experience (excluding internships) in policy and advocacy work;
- Experience in advocacy towards the EU with proven track record of policy and advocacy successes;
- Experience of writing briefings or reports on international cooperation or related issues;
- Experience of organising events and coordinating different entities;
- Familiarity with the EU budget process;
- Familiarity with EU/global financial architecture and funding modalities (desirable).
- Politically astute, with well-honed policy analysis skills, including an ability to analyse political and policy trends and to develop strategic advocacy positions that imply transformative change;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and collegial approach, including tactful but effective facilitation to build consensus;
- Strong planning and organisational skills, particularly the ability to plan and execute research that contributes to advocacy positions;
- Team player; proactive; self-starter;
- Capable networker, able to coordinate and operate effectively in coalitions;
- Confidence and fluency in communicating to external audiences on CONCORD’s work in your areas of focus;
- Fluent level written and spoken English; working knowledge of French desirable.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org