Hanbury Strategy is a fast-growth strategic advisory firm that provides political analysis and insight to clients from the FTSE 100 through to fast-growth, disruptive start-ups.
In just three years Hanbury has grown to over 50 people with offices in London, Brussels and Berlin and has very ambitious plans for 2020 and beyond. Described as 'one of the most exciting start-ups in the space for some years,' Hanbury’s EU team is fast growing and provides clients with analysis and strategic advice on political and regulatory developments in Brussels and member states.
We are looking to grow the team with the acquisition of a Senior Executive, or Associate Director with three years plus experience, who would relish the opportunity to support the next stage of our growth. This person would actively help the team deliver EU Public Affairs counsel to financial services clients and produce content, working closely with EU Director Chris Glück and EU Partner, Gergely Polner. The role is normally Brussels based, but will be happy to consider London-based or other EU locations for candidates with a good Brussels network.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-growth business with bold ambitions. The new joiner will help the team to realise the huge potential to work across projects that will genuinely leave their mark.
- Salary DoE/competitive;
- Generous bonus scheme - up to three months annual salary depending on performance;
- 28 days holiday (excluding Bank Holidays).
- You will have had exposure to government, regulators, EU Institutions, or public affairs consultancies, via your studies and employed positions;
- You have a good understanding of EU financial services policy and in particular banking regulation.
Client Account Servicing
- Deftly work across a portfolio of client accounts, managing team members to ensure the efficient running of those accounts;
- Active lead on client communications ensuring timely response and appropriate action on deliverables with an ability to manage time and push back where necessary;
- Contributes with confidence to internal and external client meetings and is able to lead such meetings;
- Presides over effective account administration, demonstrating attention to detail and an ability to work with accurate proof-reading and team checks;
- Makes meaningful contributions to client and new business proposals and presentations, supporting senior team on including media, policy and client sector research;
- Regularly attends relevant external events to further build their network and promote Hanbury.
Team and Personal Development
- Proactively drives own personal development, seeks out and pursues appropriate opportunities for relevant training;
- Raises any concerns directly with line manager in a timely, constructive manner;
- Responds positively to feedback and adapts behaviour accordingly;
- Supports everybody within the team and treats everyone fairly and with respect;
- Experienced management of day-to-day team activity;
- Experience of line management welcomed;
- Shares feedback and contributes ideas to help develop the culture;
- Takes time to participate in team events and celebrate the successes of the team.
Email your CV (no covering letter) and answer the following questions in your email:
- Tell us about a time when you overcame a challenge/successfully influenced someone? (300 words max);
- What achievement are you most proud of in your career thus far? (300 words max);
- What impact will the Covid-19 crisis have on the EU’s financial services agenda over the next five years? Which possible policy changes are likely to be realised? We are looking for facts and reasonable, well explained predictions on what’s likely to happen and what are the main indicators to watch. (1 page max).
Hanbury Strategy is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender or gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sex or sexual orientation. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process or ultimately in employment.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org