As Policy Assistant you will assist in the execution of AmCham Belgium’s public policy strategy, as well as with wider services to the member community, including for the AmCham Year of Healthcare.
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our team in Brussels, starting end of August / beginning of September 2020 for a period of six months. This is a paid internship.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Assist with policy activities including the implementation of our 2019-2024 Policy Plan;
- Contribute to our research and publications, ensuring that these become a showcase for AmCham Belgium’s work and all member companies;
- Assist in updating the main website and other media channels (blog, member newsletter) in order for them to effectively communicate AmCham’s policy work and the work of the policy committees, as well as being a source of accurate information which encourages engagement for our member companies;
- Assist in the implementation of the Year of Healthcare (September 2020 – June 2021) by helping organize events and liaising with various stakeholders;
- Contribute to the work of our committees by arranging meetings and other events.
- A first degree in public policy, governmental affairs, international policy, law or a related field;
- Experience of working in law, public policy and/or government affairs would be an advantage;
- You are familiar with the Belgian political scene;
- You are fluent in English (mother tongue or near-native level) and have a good command of either Dutch and/or French;
- Having experience in drafting reports or other publications is an asset;
- You are a ‘people’ person, able to interact naturally with individuals from different backgrounds and points of view, experience and seniority levels, etc. You are able to build relationships of trust with members, political contacts and other stakeholders;
- You are tech-savvy and familiar with Microsoft Office applications and able to learn and adapt to new systems and processes quickly;
- You have good organizational skills, are able to work independently and take responsibility;
- Like our mascot the bald eagle, you pay great attention to detail and accuracy.
AMCHAM BELGIUM TEAM
- You will be working in a dedicated and international team and will support the policy team.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org