The Senior Technical Advisor (STA) for HIV/AIDS and Health will ensure the overall technical and programmatic quality and growth of PCI’s Health and HIV/AIDS portfolio. The STA must possess current knowledge of PEPFAR guidelines and standard interventions and approaches to HIV testing and counseling, health system strengthening, referral networks, ART and retention, OVC, HIV co-morbidities and prevention/control of other related infectious diseases. The Senior Technical Advisor will also have demonstrated experience managing and using PEPFAR data systems and Health Information Management Systems (HMIS) and will have experience in the strategic use of data for project management and improvement. S/he will work closely with field leadership to provide state of the art technical assistance and ensure PCI’s HIV/AIDS work is evidence-based and sustainable.
- Advanced clinical degree, MPH or equivalent;
- At least 10 years of relevant professional experience, including international public health programming, with at least 5 years relevant overseas work experience;
- Prior senior technical or management positions a plus;
- At least seven to eight years’ experience managing complex health and HIV/AIDS projects within a non-profit organization in a developing country context;
- Demonstrated experience successfully leading PEPFAR proposal development is required (including as lead writer);
- In-depth technical understanding of current practices and state of the art in HIV/AIDS prevention and treatment, and of the links between gender, HIV/AIDS, infectious diseases, and other health issues;
- Proven skills in utilization of project monitoring data as part of project management and quality improvement, strong data analysis and interpretation skills; statistical analysis ability a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills; ability to effectively communicate across cultures is essential;
- Experience and ability in mentoring and the provision of technical support to project teams;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Fluency in English required, proficiency in Spanish and/or French a plus;
- Computer literacy required; familiarity with all MS applications and spread sheet software required.
- A passion for the mission and values of PCI
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org