As the Sr. Employee Relations Specialist, you will promote company culture and employee engagement through various programs. With relative independence, you’ll promote a variety of institutionally important and complex workforce data statistical and other administrative analyses, and will perform activities in the areas of monitoring, program planning, evaluation and implementation of the Company’s Affirmative Action Programs. As a member of the Employee Relations team, this role will help ensure a fair and consistent approach to the organization’s policies and procedures.
At Kiewit, the scale of our operations is huge. Our construction and engineering projects span across the United States, Canada and Mexico, improving and connecting communities with every initiative. We depend on our high-performing operations support professionals — they’re the glue that holds multiple areas of the business together and the catalysts that make things happen. We hire only the most driven people and we offer them diverse career opportunities, strong leadership and mentorship, rewarding, collaborative work, and responsibility they won’t find just anywhere. We’re always pushing new limits. You can too.
HR Operations is an integral partner and service provider at Kiewit. In recent years, we have gone from decentralized HR groups to a unified, shared service team, with various HR Centers of Excellence. Our vision is to be a best-in-class international HR organization.
This position is based out of Kiewit Plaza at 3555 Farnam Street in Omaha, NE. This is a corporate office and a professional office setting.
- Advise, guide and support HR Managers and the Corporate HR and legal departments with all matters relating to employee relations.
- Effectively document, investigate and resolve employee-related issues and concerns. Conduct internal investigations into employee concerns.
- Assist the Human Resource Management team in the preparation and delivery of EEO and Affirmative Action training.
- Prepare correspondence, spreadsheets, and a variety of standard and specialized reports of varying complexity, research and analyze information, and conduct and complete surveys.
- Develop effective relationships across the organization to promote good employee relations; promote inclusion and employee engagement through various activities and programs.
- Attend meetings and seminars to stay abreast of employee compliance and related laws; monitor trends and advise the organization appropriately.
- Upon request, conduct workforce data statistical analyses aimed at identifying and ultimately addressing areas of potential improvement.
- Lead and participate in EEO/AA initiatives, including but not limited to, outreach efforts to potential applicants.
- Assist with the development of Affirmative Action reports.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Proven successful experience and ability to research, analyze, interpret and apply complex policies and procedures, including those based in federal and state law.
- Ability and demonstrated cultural competency to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a diverse team.
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and abilities; demonstrated ability to write professional correspondence, produce written analyses, reports and other documents.
- Expert knowledge of federal and state employment regulations.
- Strong writing skills.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders.
- Solid investigative and analytical skills sufficient to resolve problems and employee concerns;
- Strong research skills.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other job site policies.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment, managing a variety of tasks simultaneously with efficiency, a large and diversified workload, and challenging situations.
- Ability to work normal working hours at their designated work location, from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of management while simultaneously managing a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to present in front of a group.
- Ability to work productively and meet deadlines timely.
- Regularly sit, bend, stand, stoop, walk, talk, and listen.
- Willingness to travel approximately up to 30% of the time, sometimes with short notice.
- Regular, reliable attendance.
- Bachelor’s degree related to Human Resources preferred
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org