Provides program management support to a global USAID-funded, 5-year, multi-million-dollar program intended to support disease-endemic countries to control and/or eliminate NTDs with proven, cost-effective public health interventions to treat and measure treatment impact against seven NTDs: lymphatic filariasis, blinding trachoma, onchocerciasis, schistosomiasis, and three intestinal worms known as soil-transmitted helminths. Plans, executes, and finalizes country programs according to strict deadlines and within budget. Acquires resources and coordinates the efforts of team members and external clients to deliver country programs according to plan. Manages and defines the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout the completion of the project(s) life cycle. Creates work plans based on goals and targets, and implement evidence-based interventions in one or more multi-sector areas, as well as new technologies and practices. Collaborates with other sectors in order to integrate work plans, budgets and multi-sector interventions, which are essential for the success and sustainability of the project.
- Manages and oversees the development of country programs from initiation to completion.
- Support countries and partner organizations to have shared understanding of program objectives, indicators and donor expectations
- Manages capacity building project staff in coordinating and managing the implementation of project activities, delivering quality and accountability.
- Provides guidance and monitoring for project staff, ensuring clarity over project plans and priorities and encouraging effective team work.
- Develops best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Develops/reviews work plans, budgets, grant documents, environmental mitigation and monitoring plans, USAID waiver requirements and prepares presentations while supporting other related program objectives and deliverables.
- Identifies and resolves project issues and implements improvement plans to ensure project stays on schedule and within budget.
- Coaches, mentors, and manages project team to ensure quality, efficiency and compliance with project and company standards/policies.
- Builds, develops, and grows partnerships vital to the success of the project.
- Manages the operational and tactical aspects of multiple projects in a matrix environment.
- Oversees entire projects with focus on minimizing risk across multiple projects, monitors budgets, and scope to ensure successful execution of project(s) deliverables and completion of project(s).
- Defines project scope, goals, and deliverables that support business goals and strategic vision of management.
- Develops and delivers project plans, documentation, training, presentations and budget proposals to management and staff.
- Manages the development of project teams to ensure compliance with policies and procedures; also to develop and implement process improvement plans.
- Identifies partnerships, opportunities and information to present to management to help achieve strategic goals of the company.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Works independently and with other agencies to build local community acceptance.
- Comprehensive knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures with project management, process development and execution.
- Strong knowledge of project management software and other technologies.
- Strong negotiator and problem solver.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated project and personnel management skills.
- Ability to influence, motivates, and collaborates with others.
- Ability to adapt and resolve problems/issues to bring project to completion.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Decisions and actions have serious implications with delays in project schedules, operations and may affect overall business activities.
- Problems are complex and require analysis of situations and data with evaluation of various factors.
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies to select methods and techniques to obtain results.
- Manages staff and external project members to achieve goals and vision of project from initiation to completion.
- Coordinates project plans, budgets, training and resources with management to achieve strategic goals.
- Typically reports to a Director.
- Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalen.
- Knowledge/Information Services, Communications, Education, Environment, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development or Related Field.
- Project Management (PM) Certification preferred.
- Typically requires 8+ years of project management experience.
- Experience managing USAID projects and USG regulations knowledge.
- Experience managing global NTD projects.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
- Experience in multi-sector management and implementation.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation as well as strategic planning, capacity building and team management
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English. French language is a plus.
- Master’s degree or its international equivalent preferred.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO)
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment. Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time; ability to lift 5-50 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs and other hand held devices.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org