At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal. To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways. We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
Reporting to the Senior Associate, Institutional Relations (IR) and working as part of an international team of fundraising professionals, the Associate, Institutional Relations plays a critical role in ensuring timely delivery of high quality donor reports and provides support in grant agreement processes. The position has an emphasis on Rainforest Alliance's work in Latin America and also backstopping Global Programs and the broader IR portfolio as needed. Collaborating with other members of the IR team, as well as finance and program staff, s/he adapts and implements efficient systems to flag, track, compose and review reports on institutional donor commitments. Under the direction of the Senior Associate, the Associate will deliver targeted support on select Institutional Relations projects.
- Institutional funding carries with it specific reporting commitments that serve to document program performance and impact. Strong reporting is key to ensure continuous funding to Rainforest Alliance's landscape-level programs, as well as to maintain a good reputation as an organization that successfully delivers on commitments. This position is needed to ensure effective stewardship with our institutional funders, helping us gain additional revenue that will result in Rainforest Alliance's financial security;
- Those reporting commitments and other grant requirements are negotiated and agreed with donors during the contracting processes. Close coordination with the Global Internal Compliance team to provide support and alignment with Institutional Relations during contracting processes is critical to ensure the successful management of the grants and delivery of contractual commitments during the life of the projects;
- This position helps lead the development of high-quality reports to institutional funders, working closely with Rainforest Alliance senior program staff, field staff, and finance staff in the process;
- This individual plays a critical role in carrying out cross-departmental work streams by sending reminders, developing work plans, collate reports with required deliverables, managing appropriate formats, and creating and editing content as needed to deliver the final reporting products;
- The Associate coordinates with Global Internal Compliance, Legal, Finance, and Program staff to facilitate execution of new grant agreements to ensure documentation of grant requirements in IR’s record keeping systems;
- Under the direction of the Senior Associate, Institutional Relations, the Associate will support the review of grant agreements for work in Latin America and associated Global Programs ensuring the due diligence and contractual timeline;
- Write and edit reports related to institutional donor commitments for Rainforest Alliance's work in Latin America;
- Input and track all reporting requirements for corporate, foundation, and government grants in Latin America or Global Programs as needed in Rainforest Alliance's donor database;
- Coordinate with IR colleagues to adjust and implement internal processes that result in strong technical and financial reporting on all grants;
- Liaise with finance department to ensure that financial reporting is consistent with content and timing of technical reporting;
- Work in a highly collaborative manner, building the overall capacity of the IR Team and adapting as needed to Rainforest Alliance's dynamic funding and reporting priorities and
- Assist IR colleagues with the writing and editing of donor collateral and other written materials to be presented to funders.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Must have a passion for writing and demonstrated ability to deliver high quality written products.
- Detail oriented, resourceful, flexible and able to work under tight deadlines.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a non-profit organization with proven understanding of reporting and internal grants management.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships across cultures and time zones.
- Must have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) with fluency in English and Spanish.
- Strong knowledge of conservation and sustainable development issues required, experience living or working in Latin America desirable.
- Experience of working in the field and hands-on project exposure is desirable.
- Fast learner and technically competent, preferably with experience utilizing databases such as Salesforce to manage information, reminders and documents.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, work environment – experience within a global organization preferred.
- Able to work well both within a team and independently.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) required.
Commensurate with experience.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org