The Project Humanitarian Accounting Associate works under the direction of the Senior Business Officer and supports the organization's Global Humanitarian COVID-19 response.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Coordinates with field accountants and project staff to ensure all accounts payable are accounted for on time and comply with Internews policy;
- Accounts payable data entry;
- Supports the Senior Business Officer in reconciling monthly expenses and forecasting project expenses;
- Collaborates in the development and introduction of accounting processes and procedures for the Global Humanitarian COVID-19 response;
- Coordinates with HQ finance and accounting staff to investigate, process and communicate regarding returned funds (WTR, ACH, etc.);
- Reviews subgrant quarterly financial reports
- Less frequent tasks may include: processing daily cash receipts, maintaining Fixed Asset items and Business World logged inventory;
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews' Core Values;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Accounting, Business, or closely related field;
- At least 1-2 years of accounting experience;
- General knowledge of not-for-profit Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP);
- High degree of social adaptability and sensitivity to cultural differences;
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills;
- Intermediate MS Office Suite skills, particularly Excel.
- Working knowledge of Universal Guidance eCR200;
- Experience with enterprise level non-profit accounting software.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org