As a member of the NY program team, the Senior Program Manager (SPM), Asia manages implementation and provides effective support to the Asia program portfolio. The SPM, Asia works to increase departmental efficiency through the development and maintenance of management systems with a focus on the Asia Region. They coordinate, monitor and support grant-related activities in the assigned country programs as well as proposal writing and donor reporting. The SPM serves as the main information and knowledge resource for the Asia Regions; they ensure communication and support to and from assigned country offices.
REPORTING & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
The Senior Program Manager, Asia reports directly to the Vice President, Africa and Asia Programs (VP AA). They support the Asia Country Directors and the Chief of Programs. They work closely with all members of the program department and liaises closely with the Development, Finance, Communications, Legal & Compliance, and other relevant departments.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
· Provide on-going program management support services to the Vice President, Africa and Asia Programs, country directors and program teams in achieving their work goals, including:
o Coordinate NY logistical support for delivering clinical training activities in the Asia region (Hospital based training, Flying Eye Hospital, fellowships, and Orbis Modular education).
o Coordinate program reports as needed.
· Provide guidance to Asia program offices on the following:
o Explore and identify potential and innovative calls for proposals applicable to the Asia region.
o Be an advocate for the Asia region at HQ.
o Communicate the details of call for proposals to Development and country offices
o Facilitate country level discussions, concept and project plan development, and drafting proposals.
o Coordinate approval process for new proposals and concept notes.
o Provide remote support from headquarters throughout the proposal lifecycle from proposal development, program implementation and project tracking.
o Plan, explore and identify opportunities for regional or multi-country project development.
· Aid the VP AA in design and management of project pilots, technical projects and new projects related to the Asia region.
· Develop and maintain management systems to ensure efficient management and effective support to the Asia region.
· Assist the global program team to develop programmatic tools, guidelines and resources to support management systems.
· Participate and/or lead field, regional and global level training on aforementioned tools, guidelines and resources.
· Provide contract/grant management support, especially documentation and organization, for the overall effective implementation of the Asia program portfolio (in close collaboration with development).
· Act as the key liaison with Development, providing necessary information on the Asia program portfolio and support the development of proposals and report writing.
· Organize key global & regional meetings, including agenda development, coordination of participants and overseeing logistics.
· Participate in the FEH planning visits and projects, as required.
· Bachelor's or equivalent degree; Master’s Degree in International Development/Public Health or related degree preferred.
· Minimum 5 years of public health project management experience, preferably in an international NGO.
· Minimum 3 years of practical work experience in the health sector in the Asia region.
· Proven experience in design and delivery of international development programs.
· Proven experience in proposal development and grants management.
· Experience in international eye health preferred.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Good communication skills with excellent verbal and written English & Asian language skills will be an advantage.
· Flexible, pro-active, and open-minded work style: the ability to work productively both independently and in a team-based environment.
· Demonstrated report and proposal-writing skills.
· High degree of computer literacy including MS Office, presentation software and knowledge resource databases, search engines etc.
· Knowledge of quality improvement methodologies would be a plus.
· Ability to travel internationally 30% of the time.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org