The Kaizen Company (Kaizen) is an international development consulting firm and an incubator for innovative, scalable solutions that address emerging market challenges and opportunities. We aspire to transform the nature and impact of international development and work to strengthen organizations and institutions through innovative approaches to organizational development, reform, and change. Kaizen is currently seeking undergraduate and graduate students to join our dynamic team as Associates (interns) for Fall 2020. Associates are given the opportunity to meaningfully contribute to all aspects of Kaizen’s work and seamlessly integrate in our collegial culture. Kaizen Associates are important members of our teams with room to grow in an initiative-driven workspace.
This internship is best suited for International Development/Relations, NGO Management, Foreign Affairs, or Business Administration undergraduate or graduate students interested in entering the field of international development. The internship comes with a modest stipend. It is expected that the selected Associate will work a minimum of 20 hours per week in the fall, beginning on or about September 8th through mid-December. Associates will have the opportunity to work remotely, from any virtual location with reliable internet.
- Engage with practical approaches to complex international development issues around the world.
- Gain practical understandings of business development processes through participation in many aspects of proposal development for new projects, including recruitment, compliance management, technical project design, and budgeting.
- Support the business development team in capture/positioning, proposal development, and business development knowledge management.
- Contribute to the research and development of new, innovative service offerings.
- Learn the basic principles of multi-donor project management through on-the-job and formal training related to Kaizen’s active USAID, Department of State, and other contracts.
- Apply and test strategic thinking to the development of systems and processes on a rapidly growing business development team.
The ideal candidate:
- Is an entrepreneurial self-starter, and works well without excessive supervision.
- Has previous professional experience, ideally working in consulting, management, organizational reform, research, grant-writing, or international development.
- Is interested in entering the field of development assistance.
- Has strong research skills.
- Has strong attention to detail.
- Can prioritize and manage competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Is currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program (required).
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org