The prospective project involves supporting USAID’s efforts to increase water security and sanitation program communication and engagement, knowledge curation and sharing as well as website management. The objective of this mechanism is to share information and knowledge internally and externally among a wide range of external stakeholders working in the water and sanitation sector; and enhance communication and outreach by engaging a wide range of audiences and stakeholders using multiple channels and approaches.
The Chief of Party will be responsible for all aspects of project, technical, financial and personnel management. They will be responsible for overseeing the completion of all deliverables required under the project as well as overall compliance with the contract. This work will involve team management, technical guidance, administrative coordination, operations oversight, and client relations. The Chief of Party must have demonstrated experience leading communications and knowledge management programs.
- Provide overall technical and operational leadership for the implementation of the project while ensuring compliance with USAID requirements and regulations;
- Manage and supervise the work of project personnel, short-term experts and subcontractors to achieve project objectives and targets, and ensure timely implementation;
- Develop and maintain effective partnerships with USAID and implementing partners;
- Oversee fulfillment of all contract delivery requirements including all reports;
- Oversee internal management of the project including the budget and performance monitoring and evaluation.
- Bachelor’s degree required in public relations, marketing, communications or related field. Master’s degree preferred;
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible experience in strategic communications or knowledge management;
- At least 5 years of leadership experience;
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing both communications and knowledge management strategies, for both internal and external audiences, across an international development portfolio;
- Demonstrated ability to lead development/maintenance of websites and knowledge sharing platforms;
- Demonstrated experience with the formulation and tracking of Key Performance Indicators for communications and outreach;
- Experience with water and/or sanitation programs;
- Deep understanding of the content creation processes for print, audio and video products;
- Ability to obtain a US government security clearance, as required;
- Experience with USAID or other donors;
- Ability to travel, as required;
- Fluency in a language other than English advantageous.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org