Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. Democracy Reporting International promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide.
DRI is currently recruiting an intern for its Berlin headquarters to support DRI’s Programme Unit (PU). Specifically, you will support the PU’s GSP+ Global programme in the areas of communications, project administration, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting. More information on the programme can be found here: https://democracy-reporting.org/de/country/gsp/
· Contribute to the research, drafting and editing of the programme’s final narrative and financial reports;
· Assist in checking project expenses and justification documents;
· Support the reconciliation of bookkeeping records;
· Assist in the proper archiving and filing of programmatic and financial files, databases and other resources;
· Contribute to writing and editing website stories, newsletter articles and content for social media channels;
· Provide support to project monitoring, evaluation and learning tasks;
· Other relevant duties as required.
· Bachelor or Master’s degree in a relevant field is required;
· Previous office experience is required;
· Proficiency in key computer applications, such as Microsoft Word and Excel is required;
· Experience in research and reporting is desirable;
· Experience in bookkeeping, accounting or other finance-related tasks is desirable;
· Experience in monitoring, evaluation, and learning tasks is desirable;
· Good communication and negotiation skills and ability to work as part of a culturally diverse team is required;
· Student status; must be enrolled in university throughout the duration of the internship;
· Working permit for Germany (if you are a foreign student).
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org