The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) works in 190 countries and territories to put children first. UNICEF has helped save more children’s lives than any other humanitarian organization, by providing health care and immunizations, clean water and sanitation, nutrition, education, emergency relief and more. UNICEF USA supports UNICEF's work through fundraising, advocacy and education in the United States. Together, we are working toward the day when no children die from preventable causes and every child has a safe and healthy childhood. For more information, visit www.unicefusa.org .
UNICEF Market Intern
UNICEF USA seeks an intern for the Digital Marketing team. The UNICEF Market internship sits within the Digital Marketing team, providing candidates with the opportunity to get hands-on exposure to the inner workings of e-commerce / digital marketing/fundraising for an international nonprofit organization.
Under the guidance of the Deputy Director, the Digital Marketing Intern will work primarily on UNICEF Market, learning how e-commerce, social media, and tangible giving can be used to raise UNICEF USA’s domestic profile and help engage donors and the public via online channels. We are currently seeking unpaid interns for our cohort that will commence September 15, 2020 and end December 11, 2020.
The internship will provide an opportunity to:
- Learn fundamental digital marketing principles
- Lean how to run successful Cause Marketing campaigns
- Paid social advertising skills, such as Facebook advertising
- Learn the fundamentals of email marketing
- Learn the fundamentals of ecommerce
- Assisting with the editing/production of UNICEF Market weekly emails
- Conducting research, using UNICEF’s photo/video archive, to source stories and videos to promote UNICEF Inspired Gifts
- Helping to write/edit scripts for videos used in UNICEF Market–Inspired Gifts promotion
- Helping to research, edit and write blog posts about UNICEF Market – Inspired Gifts for UNICEFUSA.org
- Helping to create organic social media posts
- Help create paid social media campaigns for UNICEF Inspired Gifts
- Learning the backend of Facebook; possible creation of Pinterest boards
- Learning about an array of International Development work in which UNICEF is involved.
- May learn social media community management, including responding to post comments
- Must be a current student enrolled in a College or University degree program
- Interest/experience in ecommerce
- Strong Excel skills, able to manipulate and quality check large data files (Pivot Tables and VLOOKUP)
- Educational background in Marketing, Media, Social Media, Communications or other relevant field of study
- Knowledge of, and interest in, international affairs and/or activist background
- Strong writing and editing skills; excellent communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and take initiative
- Excellent organizational skills, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Responsible, driven, and able to work independently, with guidance from staff members
- Highly-organized with excellent interpersonal skills
- Fluency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience of digital projects or digital design a plus
- Must be a highly motivated team player who enthusiastically embraces the mission of UNICEF and UNICEF USA
- Must demonstrate UNICEF USA Core Values: Trust, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Teamwork and Service
Time Frame: Fall 2020
Days per Week: Flexible, 2 full days consecutive preferred
Hours per Week: 14 hours
This is an unpaid internship.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org