Banyan Global is a woman-owned small business and international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches for a broad and lasting impact. The firm is headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in several developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: gender, youth, finance and investment, enterprise development, health, and evaluation and learning.
Banyan Global is currently seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for the upcoming USAID-funded project “Youth Employment for Migration Prevention (YEMP) Activity.” The purpose of the YEMP project will be to increase employment of youth at risk of irregular migration in support of Mission-wide efforts to reduce irregular migration to the United States by increasing their educational and income generating opportunities. The beneficiaries will be youth from high out-migration areas as well as other youth at risk of irregular migration, including returned youth migrants. In certain geographic areas youth will be vulnerable and/or at risk of being victims or perpetrators of violence and or at risk of gang recruitment.
*Please note that this position is contingent upon Banyan Global being selected.
- The Chief of Party (COP) will provide overall technical and administrative leadership and expertise for this activity and will serve as the primary authority for all decision making related to this activity.
- He/she will be the liaison with USAID/Honduras on management and technical matters.
- He/she will be responsible for the overall management and implementation of the activity and report directly to the designated USAID Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR).
- S/he will supervise activity implementation and ensure the activity meets stated goals and reporting requirements.
- The COP will take a leadership role in coordination among USAID and key stakeholders, and other implementing partners.
- The COP position requires political and business savvy, as s/he will interact with numerous private-sector firms and organizations, GOH institutions and senior-level national and county-level government officials.
- S/he will have demonstrated strong leadership, management, and technical skills as well as the ability to work in complex, politically charged, unstable environments, work across different cultures, and manage diverse teams to deliver impact within agreed timelines.
- Education: Requires a master’s degree in Business, Education, development or related field from an accredited university. A PhD, EdD, is preferred.
- Skills and Experience: A minimum of 15 years of experience in Workforce Development, education, and youth development or directly related field.
- Relevant management, supervisory, technical experience working with programs that are of a similar scope to this activity are required (at least 10 years must be in a management/leadership position).
- Proven track record and experience in project design, policy dialogue, strategic planning and implementation of workforce development, education and systems improvement.
- Familiarity with entrepreneurship programming, particularly working with social entrepreneurs, is desired.
- At least five years of experience in the education or workforce sector in Latin America is highly desirable.
- S/he must be able to conceptualize how private and public sector education, workforce skills development, job placement and job creation interact, and how to manage diverse experts and deliver cohesive implementation---i.e. be able to build synergies and partnerships across the three components of PYE.
- Language: The candidate must be professionally proficient in written and spoken English. Excellent communication skills in English are required. Professionally proficient written and spoken Spanish is also required.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org