Can you manage multiple projects and timelines at once and still meet deadlines on time with high-quality results? Are you inquisitive, interested in a wide range of issues, and not afraid to ask for help or guidance when needed? Are you comfortable working on projects dealing with coordinating team members of varying seniority? Our Special Projects team at CDP North America is seeking a highly competent professional to support the Manager, Business and Operations with special projects. You will be comfortable starting and / or stopping projects based on numerous criteria including funding, timing, etc. You will be comfortable working on your own at times with limited guidance or supervision. You will also take initiative and make connections from seemingly disparate projects, and data.
CDP is an international non-profit that drives companies and governments to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions, safeguard water resources and protect forests. Working with a network of over 515 investors and 125 purchasing companies representing over $106 trillion, we leverage investor and buyer power to motivate companies to disclose and manage their environmental impacts. Over 8,400 companies disclosed environmental data through CDP in 2019. This is in addition to the over 920+ cities, states, and regions who disclosed information on their climate resilience and adaptation efforts, making CDP’s platform one of the richest sources of information globally on how companies and governments are driving environmental change. CDP, formerly the Carbon Disclosure Project, is a founding member of the We Mean Business Coalition. Please visit www.cdp.net or follow us on twitter @CDP to find out more.
· Overall, provide reliable and practical support to the Manager, Business and Operations to help CDP maximize opportunities for growth, profile exposure, fundraising; achieving the mission in North America and, as relevant, globally.
Meeting this responsibility includes the need to:
· Assist the Manager, Business and Operations with all new and recurring special projects aimed at enhancing CDP’s overall function and influence;
· Develop and implement project plans on-time with high-quality results to funders and stakeholders;
· Plan and execute end-to-end logistics for external-facing virtual and in-person events, including scoping, task management, coordination on communications and marketing, sponsor management day-of support, and follow-up;
· Help convene and organize workshops, roadshows, webinars, and other events; liaising with other teams internally to align communications and outreach;
· Provide content and practical support to the Manager, Business and Operations, including attending project meetings, preparing recap memos, and monitoring follow-up;
· Coordinate internal resources and third-party vendors for the successful execution of projects and events;
· Support senior team members to cultivate relationships and work closely with third parties, vendors and stakeholders;
· Track project performance and analyze the completion of short and long-term goals along with project success.
· Inquisitive mind and interest in a wide range of issues;
· Interest in current global events and respect for cultural and intellectual diversity;
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
· Impeccable English writing, speaking and presentation skills;
· Evidence of project management interest and / or experience;
· Familiarity with various project management software, tools and processes and / or the ability to come up to speed with them quickly;
· Ability to reprioritize regularly and maintain a flexible approach;
· Comfortable liaising with contacts in senior positions;
· The ability to independently represent CDP on calls with external stakeholders and third-party vendors in a clear and articulate manner;
· The ability to deliver excellent results under pressure and take pride in working to a high standard; with the desire to take ownership and responsibility for their work;
· A flexible but diligent working style, attention to critical details, with the ability to work well within a team or on their own;
· Strong computer software, digital skills, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. Experience with Publisher a plus;
· Pursuing or having recently graduated with a 4-year degree, preferred but not required.
The Associate, Special Projects role is a full-time role based in CDP’s New York office in Manhattan (currently remote). This role is a 1-year fixed term contract with potential for an extension. Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in the US.
CDP North America, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. CDP North America, Inc. is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Competitive NGO salary, annual discretionary bonus, excellent health & dental benefits, non-contributory 401k (additional contributory 401k amount optional), 24 days’ vacation annually.
Please email your CV, a covering letter setting out how you meet the required skills and experience to address key responsibilities. with ‘Associate, Special Projects’ in the subject by August 10.
Before you apply: We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicants privacy notice. By emailing us your resume and cover letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org