The role holder is responsible for facilitating and coordinating Risk, Internal Control and Compliance, Internal Audit and Fraud in the country office under the leadership of the Country Director.
The role is a critical 2nd line of control for the organisation. The role reports to the Country Director (CD) with a dotted line into the Regional Risk The Regional Risk Leader will provide functional coaching/feedback and development to the individual and should be involved in their recruitment/ talent management/ objective setting processes.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal job description and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Law
- MBA or Master degree preferable
- Preferable Certified Internal Auditor
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 5 years in similar positions in the compliance department
- A strong understanding of international development/humanitarian work, humanitarian principles as well as the programming risks this entails to the affected populations and the organisation.
- Programme experience, with strong analytical skills.
- Preferable experience within non-profit organizations, international agencies such as USAID, as well as experience with child and adult safe guarding, safe programming, fraud prevention and harassment investigations is preferable in large matrix organisations.
- Excellent business partnering and relationship building skills.
- Proven ability to have a highly strategic focus, whilst dealing competently with operational matters.
- The ability to understand and break down complex technical problems, both translating them into layperson's terms as well as finding solutions which work.
· Strong personal organisational and self-management skills with an ability to lead and work in teams and motivate others.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Willing to travel to support investigations or spot checks directly or to relevant attend events as required.
- Advanced English language required.
- Commitment to Save the Children values
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org