This Role: The Strategic and Persistent Threats (SPT) team within the Insikt (Research) Group focuses on Geopolitical Intelligence. You will support high-profile clients by conducting in-depth research and analysis to produce intelligence that covers significant, global geopolitical events.
What you'll do:
- Research, track, and author reports on disinformation and misinformation campaigns linked to nation-states, and on topics relating to international terrorism, threats to elections, military developments, etc.
- Work with multiple internal teams to develop and improve the Geopolitical Intelligence offering
- Assist in curating collected data in the Recorded Future platform
- Contribute to ongoing research projects across multiple teams to support major public and private sector clients
What you'll bring (required):
- BA/BS or MA/MS degree or equivalent experience in Political Science, International Relations, Security Studies, or Regional Studies, or a related discipline
- 2+ years experience as a threat intelligence analyst or in a similar position
- Demonstrably strong intelligence writing skills, techniques, and methodologies
- Knowledge of how nation-states conduct disinformation and misinformation operations online
- Strong understanding of geopolitical landscape within a specific region(s), e.g. the Middle East and North Africa, Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific, etc.
- Familiarity with analytic tradecraft, intelligence cycles, and open source intelligence gathering techniques
Highly Desirable Additional Skills / Experience (not required):
- Professional fluency in reading Arabic, Farsi, Russian, or southeast Asian languages
- Experience living in the Middle East, Africa, Eastern Europe, or Asia
- Experience with or knowledge of scripting languages (ex. Python)
Why should you join Recorded Future?
From over 35 nationalities, our Futurists are the perfect recipe of humility, accountability, and collaborative attitudes. Our dedication to empowering clients with intelligence to reduce risk has earned us a 4.7-star user rating from Gartner and over 90% of Fortune 100 companies as customers.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org