Accounts Payable Clerk. New York. Posting Date: 07/22/2020. Deadline: 08/11/2020
Do you want to help make the world a better place with your strong attention to detail, communications and ability to thrive in a dynamic/faced paced environment? We're seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk
based in New York
to review/approve vendors, process large volumes of invoices and expense reports for various US legal entities working in the Finance Department, and ensure that the transactions are properly categorize according to US GAAP and in accordance with OSF Accounting policies and procedure using the NetSuite accounting system.
The Open Society Foundations works to build vibrant and inclusive democracies whose governments are accountable and open to the participation of all people. We are active in more than 120 countries, making us the world's largest private funder of independent groups working for justice, democratic governance, and human rights.
The OSF US Accounting Team is a group of skilled individuals, from diverse backgrounds and cultures. We support the organization's mission, while keeping it complaint with regulatory bodies. As a/an Accounts Payable Clerk at Open Society, you will:
What we are looking for:
- Review coding and source documents for accuracy before processing and approving all payment requests, invoices and expense reports
- Research questions and communicate issues on payments and ensure timely follow up with both internal staff and external vendors
- Create, review, modify, approve/reject vendor requests in Salesforce and NetSuite
- Distribute, mail, or ensure delivery of signed checks as per instructions on payment request
- Record general ledger transactions and prepare journal entries to be posted by supervisor
- Performs other duties and ad hoc analysis as assigned
Desirable (but not required):
- Associate's Degree plus two to three years of relevant work experience and/or training and knowledge and understanding of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles;
- Manage work efficiently in a fast-paced environment, research financial data, troubleshoot and follow through on projects to completion, possess strong attention to detail, while meeting strict deadlines with flexibility to work late when needed;
- Excellent computer and analytical skills, proficient in Microsoft Office and cloud based platforms and experience with internet research and database management;
- Strong communication (written, verbal and listening), interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to show discretion and handle confidential issues;
- Must be able to exercise critical thinking skills including good judgment and be a solutions-oriented individual;
- Strong understanding of cultural differences and the proven ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds within a complex organization.
What we offer:
- Knowledge of per diems, IRS Accountable plan, and travel/expense guidelines is preferred;
- Knowledge of NetSuite, Concur and various Salesforce platforms is an advantage;
- Exposure to Grants processing and familiarity with OSF's entity structure preferred.
- Ample opportunities to learn and grow, from annual professional development allowances to onsite trainings and brown bag lunches with visiting experts.
- Top-notch benefits and perksdesigned for your well-being and a healthy work-life balance. With some variability according to location, this includes generous time off, flexible work arrangements, employer-paid health insurance, generous retirement savings plan, progressive paid parental leave, reproductive and family planning support, sabbatical opportunities, and much more .
- A commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that enables everyone to bring their full self to work and make a positive impact on the world.
See what a day in the life of a colleague at Open Society is like.
If this sounds like the position you have been looking for, please submit your cover letter and CV; we look forward to learning more about you.
Please note, this position is not eligible for work authorization sponsorship.
Competitive rates of pay apply.
We aim to build an inclusive workforce that is reflective of the populations we support, and actively seek applications from those who are marginalized and underrepresented. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and colleagues with disabilities.