Conservation International (CI) has been protecting nature for the benefit of all for over 30 years. Through science, policy, and partnerships, CI is helping build a healthier, more prosperous and more productive planet.
Start date: As soon as possible
Type: Full-time position
This position will focus on identifying and delivering on opportunities for growth for CI in Europe and work closely with the Senior Vice President (SVP) and Managing Director of CI-Europe and Global Public Partnerships (GPP). As Deputy in Europe to the SVP, this role oversees the business development, coordination and delivery of strategic partnerships and advocacy efforts in Europe, with a focus on policy and science collaborations as well as the corporate and financial sector.
This position will liaise with CI’s global programs and centers (e.g. International Policy, Science, Natural Climate Solutions, Sustainable Lands & Waters, etc.) and other teams in CI’s office in Arlington, Virginia (USA) and in CI’s regions of operations (Africa, America, Asia-Pacific).
This position will report to the Senior Vice President for Global Public Partnerships & CI-Europe (SVP GPP-CI Europe), directly supervise seven staff members, and work closely with other CI divisions.
- Work closely with the SVP GPP-CI-Europe and division staff to provide strategic oversight and leadership with a focus on policy engagement, corporate engagement, conservation finance and science;
- Support the SVP in growing CI’s political connections at the highest level (such as the EU, France, UK, Germany, and Norway) and promote CI’s policy objectives with high-level European decision-makers;
- Develop public private partnerships (PPP) in Europe that result in increased investment in CI’s priorities: Natural Climate Solutions, Sustainable Land- and Seascapes, and innovation in Finance and Science;
- Collaborate and build strategies with corporations and multi-stakeholder coalitions to invest in nature- based sustainable development and natural climate solutions;
- Represent CI in meetings with stakeholders, conferences, and other public venues with high-level government officials and private sector leaders;
- Identify opportunities and oversee the development for expanding CI’s communications in Europe;
- Work closely with the SVP GPP-CI Europe to lead and oversee staff and budget. This includes but is not limited to defining future organizational structure, developing in-country boards and legal entities, hiring of strategic positions and budget preparation;
- Lead a diverse and talented team and help them grow in their fields and careers.
- This position is based in Europe;
- Travel time up to 25%
- At least 15 years of broad business development, policy, environment and/or natural resource management leadership, strategy development, and program management experience; track record of success required;
- Experience with building Public Private Partnerships (PPP). Preference for demonstrated experience of building PPPs in the conservation, environment, and/or international development context;
- Advanced university degree in law, political science, economics, and/or other related fields;
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills;
- Executive management experience including board development, board service and experience in overseeing communications, HR, and legal functions;
- Demonstrated experience in managing and motivating diverse teams; focus on professional growth and success of individuals. Experience in leading remote teams;
- Demonstrated track record of working effectively with multicultural, multidisciplinary teams to produce concrete results;
- Excellent oral and written skills in English;
- Candidates should have a valid work permit for the European Economic Area/UK.
- Excellent communication skills in either French, German, or Dutch.
A competitive salary and benefits package are offered commensurate with qualifications and experience, including extra-legal leave time, complementary health insurance, lunch vouchers, etc.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org