PfD’s staff and volunteers work in partnership with local and international groups to improve quality of life for vulnerable people in underserved communities. We envision a more just, peaceful, and environmentally sustainable world, and seek to empower people by increasing their access to training, education, and resources to create more vibrant and resilient communities, with more accountable leadership. PfD is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. To learn more visit us at www.pfd.org.
Partners for Development (PfD), based in the Washington, D.C. area, seeks qualified candidates for the position of Business Development and Communications Officer.
- Lead on business development and communications activities, including design or adaptation of necessary systems in these areas.
- Conduct research; complete or coordinate needs-assessments in the field; complete or coordinate concepts and proposals.
- Oversee company that manages website; coordinate PfD’s social media efforts; produce quarterly newsletter; oversee annual report; and coordinate PfD’s use of Network for Good for donations.
- Recruit and manage consultants and interns as necessary.
- Three or more years of international NGO or related experience with field experience preferred.
- Knowledge of or expertise in international public health, small enterprise development, and/or local capacity-building.
- Demonstrated self-reliant problem-solver with excellent interpersonal skills; outstanding written and oral skills; budgeting knowledge; proven success in liaison and negotiation with prospective partners and donors; and cultural sensitivity.
- Demonstrated success in hands-on proposal development with USAID, USDA, CDC, UN agencies and other multi-laterals, bi-laterals, private sector, and foundations.
- Skills in social media and various software applications, including In Design (preferred).
- Dedicated team player proficient in multiple-deadline environment who possesses the ability to move quickly from conceptualization and networking to superior writing and who enjoys working in a small office.
- Willingness to travel, including potentially to complex emergency environments.
- Computer proficient. Relevant advanced degree. Additional language a plus.
By September 18th , 2020 email a short cover letter with compensation expectations and date of availability and resume with the subject line: “BD & Communications Officer.” Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. EOE.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org