Culmen International is seeking a Public Affairs Specialist for an International Affairs Agency to support facilitating effective communication and interaction between the Assistant Secretary and the Congress, foreign and domestic media, and the general public. This position is contingent upon contract award.
The embedded Public Affairs Specialist will work with the Office of Congressional and Public Affairs (CPA) performing program and project support duties as well as common staff duties.
Role and responsibilities include:
- Content Generation: Working with subject matter experts across the Bureau and Department to draft a steady stream of media content, such as blog posts, fact sheets, editorials, and so forth. This content should clearly and concisely explain the goals, objectives, outputs and outcomes of PM Bureau programs to a wide audience in a manner that is engaging and informative
- Media Monitoring: Reviewing a broad range of domestic and international, and print and online, broad-based and niche media, to identify articles, issues, stories, narratives, and themes of relevance to the PM Bureau; summarizing and distributing such media to the appropriate points of contact within the Bureau.
- Contribute to the development of the Bureau’s strategic communications strategy, and to the development of strategies for responding to specific PM-related issues raised in the media.
- Produce and distribute a weekly media monitoring summary/ collection of news clips.
- Compile and distribute a standardized daily bulletin of Department internal press guidance products to select points of contact in the Bureau, Department, and interagency.
- Prepare press clips and guidance for Bureau leadership traveling overseas or for other special engagements, as directed (approx. 3-4 taskings per month).
- Assist with other special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- U.S. citizenship
- Current secret security clearance
- Master's degree in international relations, politics, communications, or related field
- 1+ years of experience in foreign policy, media monitoring, and analysis or communications
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to work on multiple issue areas and projects concurrently
- Effective open source analytical skills
- Good interpersonal communications and teamwork
- Published writing in old or new media is desired
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org