The Deputy Editor-in-Chief supports the Editor-in-Chief in the production process for the Green European Journal content. A special emphasis is placed on editorial work (editing and proofreading, research and commissioning), as well as the coordination of publishing and communications and relations with partner publications and organisations. The Deputy Editor-in-Chief works to ensure the quality of the journal’s content, expand its readership, and generally develop the publication. The Deputy Editor-in-Chief is supervised by the Editor-in-Chief and works alongside other members of the journal team and in good cooperation with the rest of the Green European Foundation team.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Editing of articles and interviews;
- Liaising with contributors and translators;
- Commissioning content for the journal;
- Development of relations with other publications and partners;
- Coordinating publishing with the journal’s communications;
- Support to budget, administrative tasks and website development process;
- Representing the journal externally.
Qualities and experience sought
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience in journalism, publishing and/or in a relevant position within a political foundation or similar organisation;
- Excellent editorial, writing and communication skills, including in an intercultural environment;
- Fluency in English and at least one other major EU languages; any additional languages are an asset;
- Good knowledge of the current European politics, debates and history;
- Good knowledge of the Green movement’s history, ideas and values, and current developments;
- Taste for networking, exploring and building partnerships with different actors across Europe;
- Able to work both independently and in a team with a developed sense of responsibility;
- Adherence to GEF’s mission and team values (solidarity, respect, openness, sustainability and autonomy);
- Willingness to travel, availability for occasional work outside regular office hours.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org